The Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound (Save Our Sound) is seeking an experienced professional to manage our digital communications effort and to develop and manage educational initiatives. This is a full-time paid position. The Alliance is an environmental nonprofit organization based in Hyannis, MA, dedicated to securing permanent protection for Nantucket Sound, the unique body of water located between Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket.
· Experience with social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube.
· Experience with marketing, website maintenance, and newsletter development.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to balance multiple projects at once.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
· Independent worker with an enthusiasm for interacting with the community – an outgoing and energetic personality would be ideal.
· Knowledge with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher) and Zoom.
· Proficiency or interest in nonprofit databases (such as Blackbaud), WordPress, InDesign, and other marketing tools a plus.
· Interest in conservation, public policy, or the nonprofit sector a plus.
· College degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Education, or similar field.
· Social media, e-newsletter, and website management.
· Creation and distribution of marketing materials.
· Support of organization’s communications, such as appeals, newsletters, press releases, and other publications.
· Proposal and development of new educational initiatives that further organization’s mission of preserving Nantucket Sound and promoting its unique values.
· Oversight of monthly webinar series: “A Celebration of Nantucket Sound (ACONS)”
· Meet with local field experts to identify webinar topics and presenters.
· Manage all webinar logistics and host event using Zoom.
· Management of the “Discover Nantucket Sound” virtual resource.
· Community outreach to promote educational events and to secure sponsorships.
· Research of history, education, and economic impact of Nantucket Sound using online resources and relevant publications.
The Alliance to Protect Nantucket Sound (Save Our Sound) is seeking an experienced professional to manage our digital communications effort and to develop and manage educational initiatives. This is a full-time paid position…