Details: Eye to Eye is proud to offer a competitive salary, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
About the Position
Eye to Eye is in the first year of an ambitious four-year growth plan to more than triple the number of students served in our core Mentoring Program – from roughly 1,300 students at 120 schools annually in 2016-17, to over 4,000 students at more than 360 schools annually by 2010-21. At the same time, Eye to Eye will scale our Outreach & Events to engage ten times as many students through a focused suite of regional events and digital resources – growing from roughly 15,000 students annually in 2016-17 to more than 150,000 students by 2020-21. This level of programmatic growth will require significant resources to achieve and sustain long-term, which will be partially generated through an aggressive earned income strategy to ensure our school partners are investing in the invaluable programs and services we provide. The organization’s earned income from fee-for-service activities is expected to grow from $350,000 in 2016-17 to over $2M by 2020-21.
Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Outreach & Marketing is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive, multi-channel sales and marketing strategy to ensure the organization reaches its aggressive programmatic growth and earned income goals by 2020-21. This position also leads a growing Outreach & Marketing team of five full-time staff and several interns and contractors in support of these goals, including the direct leadership and supervision of the Assistant Director of Outreach & Events, Partnerships & Growth Manager, and Marketing & Communications Coordinator. This role is collaboratively competitive, continuously evolving, and highly visible as an active member of the organization’s senior leadership team.
New Partnerships & Growth
The New Partnerships & Growth team is responsible for direct sales of the Mentoring Program to at least 30 new school districts, charter networks, and colleges and universities across the country each year, while generating at least $300,000 annually in new earned income. The majority of new school partners to date have developed as a result of inbound referrals from our existing partners, inbound requests from parents and teachers who learn of our program online or through word-of-mouth, and leads generated from Eye to Eye’s Outreach & Events.
The Director of Outreach & Marketing’s top priority will be to develop a comprehensive, customer-obsessed, multi-channel sales and marketing strategy and the systems and tools to drive Mentoring Program growth and related earned income. This will include in-depth research and hands-on learning to better understand the needs and interests of key decision makers, refinement of Eye to Eye’s unique value proposition and messaging, development of a dynamic pricing strategy aligned with various sources of funding, creation of print and digital collateral and resources, increased utilization of CRM systems and traditional sales cycle processes and tools, and training and coaching the team to implement this strategy.
Outreach & Events
The Outreach & Events team is responsible for coordinating Eye to Eye’s three signature events – Diplomat Events, Learn Different Days, and Camp Eye to Eye – as well as the development and promotion of digital resources such as Eye to Eye’s EMPOWER Mobile App. The successful candidate will oversee the creative & editorial direction, development, production and execution of all community events – streamlining the event planning process to track ROI and significantly increase attendance and engagement for events. Additionally, this team will develop a comprehensive calendar of events and resource promotions to bring events to more communities across the country, in conjunction with mentoring program sales to grow our presence, reputation, and visibility in new communities and audiences. Through successful leadership, our Outreach & Events team will generate earned income through sponsorships, registration, and/or engagement fees.
Marketing & Communications
The Director of Outreach & Marketing will oversee the production of social media, email & direct mail communications, website, branded apparel/promotional items, and develop digital and print materials for Eye to Eye. This team will coordinate media and PR opportunities while increasing Eye to Eye’s involvement in various partner related marketing campaigns – providing student stories and interviews for a variety of news, media, and public appearances, etc. The successful candidate will pitch media opportunities and solicit interviews with key leadership and staff to raise awareness, acceptance, reduce stigma, and promote positive role models for young people with learning differences.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of directly relevant experience in education or cause related sales and marketing
- Demonstrated success selling products or services to school leaders and administrators in a K-12 or higher education setting
- Compelling leadership qualities and demonstrated management experience, including confidence in giving and receiving feedback, soliciting and proposing new ideas, generating buy-in, facilitating conflict and problem solving, and success in achieving clear goals
- Multi-channel sales and marketing experience, inclusive of in-person and event-driven lead generation
- Passion for, and commitment to, the mission, vision, and goals of Eye to Eye
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including experience developing relationships with various stakeholders
- Collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team environment, and motivating and inspiring others to action
- Demonstrated experience with managing complex projects including setting priorities, managing resources, and navigating challenges to meet or exceed goals
- Analytical and evaluative skills to effectively interpret and use information to support decision making
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail needed to manage a busy schedule, email inbox, and task lists
- Resourcefulness and creativity in proposing ideas, soliciting feedback, and gaining buy-in from others
- Energetic, entrepreneurial, and hardworking, with a fun approach to work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Apps Suite, and working with data and large quantities of information
Eye to Eye offers an excellent benefits package, including six weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) days each year, as well as employer paid medical, dental and life insurance, 401k retirement savings, an employee iPhone and laptop, professional development, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements and three professional references via Eye to Eye’s Online Employment Application at eyetoeyenational.org/apply as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, April 27th.