88 Hamilton Avenue
TITLE: Senior Associate, Special Events & Engagement
DEPARTMENT: Development, Individual Philanthropy
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Manager, Special Events
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Regular FTE (40/hrs per week)
Americares is an emergency response and global health organization that saves lives and builds healthier futures for people in crisis in the U.S. and around the world. Every day, Americares puts critically needed medicines and supplies in the hands of frontline health workers and develops innovative, sustainable health improvements in their communities. We are the leading nonprofit for delivering donated medicines and medical supplies to health programs around the world. We leverage this core competency with emergency preparedness, response and recovery efforts, and programs that improve health outcomes. Our programs increase access to care in more than 90 countries every year.
The Senior Associate, Special Events & Engagement is responsible for providing event coordination for all Americares special event and engagement activities, including but not limited to the Airlift Benefit, Team Americares, the Greenwich Concours d’Elegance, Development cultivation events and Young Leaders events. Position works across the Development team to coordinate event and engagement activities that further the goals of the entire department, promoting deeper relationships with current donors and new opportunities with prospects. Position will also provide administrative support to the Vice President of Special Events as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Airlift Benefit – supports the planning and execution of the Americares signature annual fundraising event. Coordinates guest list (800-1,000 guests) and committee lists, several mailings, RSVPs, donations, seating and results tracking; works across the Development team to provide information and support outreach; manages Committee kick-off event and related meetings, liaises with all vendors, including outside event planner and venue; processes invoices; provides on-site event management including overseeing volunteer assignments and day-of logistics.
Team Americares – coordinates Team Americares recruitment efforts, fundraising, and event activities including runner registration, distribution of Team Americares gear and runner packets; provides event support for all pre- and post-race team activities; develops and tracks Team Americares fundraising strategy; manages acknowledgement process for all offline Team Americares donations; liaises with Marketing Communications team to promote Team Americares activities and support ongoing recruitment.
Greenwich Concours d’Elegance – supports the planning and logistics related to annual fundraising event; liaises with the Marketing and Communications team to develop event collateral; coordinates mailings, results tracking and gifts; volunteer solicitation and on-site event management, including overseeing volunteer assignments; post-event follow-up including acknowledgements.
Young Leaders events – co-plans Young Leaders events with Senior Associate, Individual Philanthropy, including the Young Leaders Summer Social; liaises with the Marketing and Communications team to develop event collateral; manages volunteer solicitation and on-site event management.
Cultivation Events – assists with planning and coordination for cultivation, stewardship and/or fundraising events; this includes mailings, catering requests, venue logistics, donor accepts & regrets, tracking and related follow-up.
Database Management - Maintains donor records and updates in CRM related to special event activities; coordinates disaster-related events and requests; manages relationships with event vendors; assists with new events and/or special projects as requested; works closely with Development Operations team to develop and manage revenue and engagement tracking system to measure the ROI associated with all Americares events and engagement activities.
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster Americares values of responsiveness, results orientation, collaboration, efficiency and integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years event planning experience and in an office environment.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ideal candidate would have experience/exposure within a nonprofit and be familiar with fundraising
- Comfortable using a donor or constituent management database.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to meet new partners/donors and build relationships with VIPs.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for events/meetings.
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Personal Success Factors:
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Ability to stay calm and effective during challenging situations.
- Ability to remain focused and produce in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
- Passion for our mission and the desire to work within the global health/emergency response sector
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter: https://americares.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=483