College Track is seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to provide critical administrative support to the Northern California Region. The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing the highest level of support to the Executive Director to ensure that the key needs of College Track and the Northern California Regional Team are fulfilled. The Executive Assistant will interact with staff at all levels, students and with important internal and external constituents, utilizing great discretion and professionalism. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing landscape of priorities and responsibilities and be able to work independently and on variety of teams. Excellent project management, administrative and clerical skills, including a strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines are required.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Support to the Regional Executive Director (85%)
- Maintain the calendar of the Executive Director; schedule internal and external meetings, including preparing all necessary information and materials required for meetings, taking messages, participating in and taking notes during conference calls and meetings, and drafting and reviewing correspondence. Ensure that preparations for meetings are made in a timely and professional manner.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information, initiating telecommunications.
- Oversee planning and execution of key regional events including staff summits, staff leadership meetings, and culture-building activities.
- Performs routine bookkeeping tasks such as reviewing, coding and processing invoices for Executive Director; prepares and processes various accounting documents such as expense reports; monitors and tracks budget activity for special projects as directed by Executive Director.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Support with Salesforce Data entry of ED interactions & communications with the funding community (individual, corporations, etc.)
- Regional Communications
- Serve as liaison between Executive Director and other department staff communicating information, schedules, assignments, priorities and requests; serve as a communication link between senior management and program staff.
- Manage regional staff newsletter and other regional communications.
- Draft letters, documents, and correspondence on behalf of Executive Director
- Oversee Data Monitoring and Reporting: Serve as the Regional Salesforce expert and ensure the tracking and reporting of Regional metrics.
- Maintain Regional Dashboards and update information on an ongoing basis using College Track databases
- New/Special Projects: Additional projects as assigned by the Regional Executive Director
Support to Regional Team (15%)
- Serving as back-up support for fundraising events, corporate residency programs, and career readiness events
- As appropriate, assist other departments and program staff with special projects as a member of the Executive Regional Team
Skills & Experience Required
The Executive Assistant must embrace the College Track vision of transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms. Additionally, candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3-4 years of professional experience, preferably in an office environment for a high-growth and fast-paced organization
- Minimum 4-year college degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding organizational skills, keen attention to detail, time management, and follow-up skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills, with an ability to become familiar with firm-specific programs and software
- Skilled at multi-tasking, problem solving and prioritizing
- Self-starter who has the ability to effectively manage a wide range of tasks and projects
- Proven experience with Salesforce, event planning, and meeting logistics
- Strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high responsibilities and shifting priorities
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with a diverse group of professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful problem solver who takes the initiative to identify and assist in resolving problems both within and beyond areas of direct responsibility
- High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
- Experience working with, mentoring and/or inspiring high school and/or college students from the communities we serve, a plus