The mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Since our founding in 1951, The Nature Conservancy has protected more than 117 million acres of land and 5,000 miles of rivers worldwide — and we operate more than 100 marine conservation projects globally. We have more than 1 million members and dedicated staff working in all 50 United States and more than 30 countries around the world — we are everywhere you want to be!
The Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) provides overall direction and leadership for finance and administrative functions within the Washington Business Unit of The Nature Conservancy. They are a senior manager responsible for developing, directing, and executing strategies and plans for all activities related to finance, grants and contracts, facilities and fleet management, information systems, business administration, office management, and/or safety.
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience OR equivalent combination, including 2 years managing operations functions.
· Finance / Accounting experience, including using accounting and financial reporting systems.
· Experience generating financial reports and analyzing and interpreting data.
· Experience developing and administering departmental budget or equivalent.
· Supervisory experience including setting objectives, managing performance, and conflict resolution.
· Experience developing, managing and implementing multiple projects.
· Experience working with teams across an organization.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 46997 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST. November 16, 2018. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.