FT Hourly 32 hours/week
Temp to Hire
Hourly Rate: $18-$22 - DOE
Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday 10am - 6pm
Work Location: Remote during pandemic, then onsite in Lawrence MA
Reports To: Development & Communication Manager
Summary: The Development & Communications Associate ensures the optimal operation of all aspects of fundraising and communications, primarily by supporting the Development & Communications Manager - assisting the Executive Director and overall office operation with administrative and program support as needed. Projects include website content management, donation entry, reporting, and acknowledgement, preparing bank deposits, funding research and grant follow up, both digital and print newsletters, managing social media accounts, providing support for the Annual Appeal (print + digital), and playing a pivotal role in event planning and execution of two events per year.
- Database entry, facilitate weekly donor acknowledgements and donation reports.
- Provide phone and email inquiry support.
- Manage volunteers/interns when relevant.
- Supporting IT/office management tasks and internal communications.
- Responsible for agendas, minutes and facilitating Fundraising Committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collect, update/edit and manage content for multiple purposes
- Assist with creating and sending quarterly newsletter and bi-weekly eNews
- Capture/edit photos and video for website, social media and promotional videos
- Upload content and maintain website on a bi-weekly basis
- Contribute to event and campaign communications (emails, invites, programs, etc.)
- Issue press releases and pitch to local media to cover programs and events.
- Share daily program news, community news and events on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Actively foster and support partnerships with community groups, individuals and businesses for both monetary and in kind donations of goods and services.
- With guidance from the Development & Communications Manager, support ongoing research efforts and requests from institutional funders.
- Contribute to monthly development reports to the Board of Directors.
- Oversee promotion, volunteer recruitment and management, invitations, sponsorships, auction (silent + online) and act as primary point person for the annual comedy benefit in June. Manage awards, invitations, promotion and logistics for the community appreciation night in January. Act as liaison to vendors, volunteers, Board and guests.
- Support the creation and rollout of the Annual Appeal (Fall).
- Collect and edit relevant program impact data as requested by the Development & Communications Manager.
- Contribute to the creation of surveys, forms, spreadsheets and other tools to effectively track program data metrics.
- B.A. in English, Communications or similar field
- Experience in event coordination
- Minimum 2-4 years of non profit experience
- Familiarity with Google Suite, MSWord/Excel, social media, budgets
- Familiarity with email platforms, such as MailChimp
- Familiarity with a website CMS, such as Squarespace
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience using a database, such as Salesforce
- Basic graphic design skills, such as Canva or Publisher
- Experience capturing and editing digital photo/video media
- The ability to work independently and switch gears frequently
- Capacity to represent B&R in a friendly and professional way
- Openness to collaborating with people from all walks of life
- Enthusiasm for supporting marginalized communities
- Background related to non profit development or communications
- Familiarity with project management platforms, such as Asana
- Creative writing background
- Spanish familiarity is a plus.
- Program management experience
- Ties to the Merrimack Valley and/or Lawrence community is helpful.
- Experience with funding research and crafting proposals and reports
Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
Targeted Start Date: May 17, 2021
Permanent position status will be determined after a three-month period.
Benefits would be effective starting immediately.