Details: Based on Applicant's Experience
601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Benefits Specialist, the Benefits Assistant is responsible for providing direct administrative and customer service support in the area of benefits administration. He or she will be part of the larger Human Resources (HR) team at Alliance, and will have deep exposure to all aspects of HR operations in an organization serving 1300 employees. This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their skills as an HR professional with many opportunities for professional growth.
Customer Service and Event Planning and Execution
- Provides customer service support to employees, both at school sites and the Home Office, via email, phone, and in-person about Alliance’s group health plans, retirement plans and worker’s compensation benefits.
- Assists employees with benefits enrollment; providing explanations of benefit eligibility, waiting periods and key program features.
- Provides information and options to employees undergoing life event changes that impact their benefit elections.
- Plays an active role in our annual Open Enrollment process by attending and assisting with information and enrollment sessions for employees across the Alliance network.
- Supports and participates in ongoing benefit and wellness initiatives.
- Develops and maintains basic knowledge of regulatory guidelines about benefit plans and is familiar with all benefit content including web and print material.
General Administration and Data Entry and Management
- Executes quality control reviews of enrollment forms, collecting and reviewing all required information and documentation necessary to enroll employees and their dependents.
- Processes benefit-related documents and employee injury reports in a timely manner.
- Performs data entry for all benefits-related activities, including initial enrollments and changes into the HR information system and carrier websites.
- Creates and maintains a variety of employee records.
- Assists HR department in completing a variety of administrative level tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Strong organizational skills, with an ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Meticulous attention to detail while consistently producing high-quality work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding customer service approach
- A positive attitude with the ability to work effectively in a multi-layered organization and build strong relationships with teachers, coaches, school leaders and other home office and school-based colleagues
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Entrepreneurial spirit to thrive in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- A strong desire to learn and grow as a professional
- High school diploma or equivalent (e.g. G.E.D.)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required
- At least one (1) year of full-time office, administrative, or clerical support experience
- HR related exposure/experience highly desired but not required
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics