5 Pennsylvania Plaza
Founded in 1972, Covenant House is the largest charity across the hemisphere serving homeless, trafficked and runaway youth. Located in 31 cities across 6 countries (Canada, the United States, Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua) Covenant House offers a broad range of essential services to help youth move from poverty to opportunity and from homelessness to hope. These services include emergency shelter, transitional and supported housing, food, clothing, legal aid, medical care, educational services (including high school diploma programs and GED certificate programs), job training and placement services, childcare and parenting support programs.
Purpose of Position: The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for cultivating current and prospective donors to effectively deepen their relationship with and support of Covenant House. This individual will responsible for securing five and six figure contributions for CHI.
Job Duties: Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a pipeline/portfolio of donors (approximately 125) in different areas of the U.S. as assigned by Development Leadership.
- Regularly correspond and meet with donors, engaging them in the mission of Covenant House and soliciting them for gifts for annual support, capital campaign and planned gifts.
- Accountable for fundraising results for the donors on the assigned portfolio.
- Assist in the planning of donor receptions and special events.
- Tracking and updating all donor information in the Raiser’s Edge NXT application.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Development Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least three (3) years of experience soliciting donors for 5 figure + gifts.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Sales and business acumen.
- Goal-oriented, personable, creative, focused and driven.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strong attention to detail.
- Must be a team player and able to work with all levels of management.
- Must be able to interact with great skill and ease with donors and board members in business & social settings.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and night hours as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Must have an understanding of the mission of Covenant House International.
- Commitment to Covenant House’s mission to serve youth experiencing homelessness.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a defined contribution retirement savings plan (403b) with employer match and an annual employer contribution, medical, dental, and life insurance, employee assistance program, long-term disability plan, flexible spending accounts, up to 4 weeks’ vacation, 4 personal days, 13 sick days and 11 paid holidays during the year.
Minimum Education Required