Director of Human Resources and Administration
- Job posted by Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus
Details: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is based on experience and principles of internal equity.
Please apply by August 13, 2018
*Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.*
This is an exciting leadership opportunity to work on the front lines of social justice at a time when our democracy is under extreme threat. Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus works to defend and promote the rights of low-income immigrants with the goal of building community power. Since 1972, we have litigated high-profile cases and engaged in community education and empowerment, policy advocacy, and direct client representation. Our current program areas include Criminal Justice Reform, Housing Rights, Immigrant Rights, National Security Civil Rights, Workers’ Rights, and Voting Rights.
The Director of Human Resources and Administration will work in partnership with the senior management team and staff in creating a healthy and supportive workplace culture that reflects social justice values. The Director of Human Resources and Administration will build and implement infrastructure and systems needed to achieve strategic goals in a growing office with 40 staff. The person will manage an administrative staff team of three, including an operations manager, legal administrative coordinator and receptionist.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Contribute to the development of Advancing Justice-ALC’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Advise the executive director and other key members of senior management and the board on human resources and internal policy matters.
- Represent the organization externally as necessary.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to meeting the needs of clients and communities.
- Oversee all aspects of the company’s day-to-day and overall HR and recruiting operations including, but limited to: hiring, onboarding and exit interviews, benefits management, compensation planning, personnel policy setting, performance evaluations, employee relations and employee engagement.
- Create an internal HR process to field staff concerns and develop solutions to conflicts
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Remain current on regulations, laws, industry trends and best practices.
- Keep the organization compliant by advising supervisors and making timely changes in practices and policies.
- Oversee, direct, and organize the work of the administration and operations team.
- Oversee facilities management as the organization scales up.
- Work with the operations manager to evaluate and improve Advancing Justice-ALC’s information technology infrastructure
The Director of Human Resources and Administration will have at least 15 years of experience, with at least five years managing the human resources functions of a nonprofit organization. The successful candidate will have experience leading planning efforts and running operationally effective organizations that have multiple program areas.
- Organization development, human resources management experience
- General management skills
- Proven effectiveness managing others, empowering them to make decisions
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration or related field is required. MBA, MNA, MHR or equivalent degree/experience preferred. SHRM Certification highly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial
- Outstanding communications skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Hands-on, leads by example
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Ability to multitask while maintaining vigilant attention to details
- Integrity/ethics beyond reproach
- Constantly looking to apply best practices
- Predisposition to mentor and subsequently increase responsibilities as team develops
- Connection to Advancing Justice-ALC’s mission
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is based on experience and principles of internal equity. The salary range is $100-$115K. A full benefits package is included.
Application Process: Interested candidates should e-mail the following to email@example.com: resume; cover letter summarizing interest, qualifications and experience; and three references. Kindly put “Application – Director of HR and Administration” in the subject line of the e-mail. Please submit materials in PDF format. No phone calls, please.
Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All persons are encouraged to apply, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.
A full benefits package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should e-mail the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: resume; cover letter summarizing interest, qualifications and experience; and three references. Kindly put “Application – Director of HR and Administration” in the subject line of the e-mail. Please submit materials in PDF format. No phone calls, please.