Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking a full-time floating Sonographer to join our Clinical Services team. The Sonographer floats between our health centers in Manhattan (26 Bleecker Street, New York), Queens (21-41 45th Road, Long Island City), Brooklyn (44 Court Street, Brooklyn), and the Bronx (349 E. 149th Street, Bronx), working Tuesday through Saturday.
It is an exciting and important time to work at Planned Parenthood of New York City. We are building on our strength with dynamic new leadership, talented staff members, engaged donors and activists, and amazing community partners. We are determined to thrive and grow in these times of transition and resistance.
Working at PPNYC is more than a job. It is an opportunity to help ensure that all New Yorkers have access to affordable, high-quality sexual and reproductive health care and evidence-based education programing so they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams. We approach our work through a reproductive justice lens, seeking to break down the barriers, whether through our services, education or advocacy efforts, which prevent individuals from accessing the health care and information they need and deserve.
At PPNYC, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPNYC fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPNYC knows that our greatest asset is our people. We offer competitive compensation and robust benefits package to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Sonorapher does:
- Performs basic ultra-sound abortion studies using Real-Time scanners with an abdominal and/or vaginal approach
- Performs abdominal and vaginal ultra-sound scans on referred patients
- Performs intra-operative Sonography at medical provider’s request
- Provides medical providers with follow-up sonograms
- Prepares and signs ultra-sound report with accompanying photograph for medical records
- Trains relief staff as required
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- Requires High School diploma plus satisfactory completion of courses required for certification from an accredited Sonography program
- Certification as an Ultrasound Tech / Sonographer (required)
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of related and/or applicable experience (required)
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (desired, but not required)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your passion, commitment and expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Please follow this link to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.