Details: Commensurate with experience
Specialty Food Association is searching for a highly capable Accountant to join our Finance and Accounting Department. Candidates must possess excellent communication and analytical skills. This is an opportune time to join the Finance and Accounting department, as we are in the process of upgrading and evaluating our systems and procedures, allowing the ideal candidate to participate in the implementation and upgrade process. Under the supervision of the Sr. Director, Finance & Accounting the candidate will be exposed to various projects, roles, and functions. The incumbent will work on nearly all aspects of the organization’s accounting operations. The ideal candidate will thrive in a team environment and possess the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
· Exceptional communication skills;
· Analytical skills coupled with strategic thinking to deliver creative solutions to complex problems;
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and autonomously;
· Highly organized and detail orientated coupled with a strong respect for deadlines;
· Fast learner and inquisitive personality;
· Understand the importance keeping information confidential;
· Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial systems, controls and reporting;
· Assist in monthly close process including journal entries and account reconciliations of cash and investment accounts;
· Provide back-up and support for the Accounts Payable and Travel & Expense report system;
· Improve departmental processes and procedures to expedite the close process while ensuring accuracy of financial records;
· Work on reconciliations in preparation for annual audit and work with audit firm to file returns and required sales/use tax filings;
· Responsible for reconciliation of credit card processing by analyzing reports from our processor and bank statements;
· Prepare and enter journal entries necessary to properly reflect fixed asset additions, disposals, depreciation, etc.;
· Assist in the preparation of the Association’s Form 990;
· Process miscellaneous payments and refunds within Authorize.net
· Participate in our internal expansion and provide support to the department and organization;
· Assist with migration and implementation of new systems;
· Investigate discrepancies and provide variance explanations through analysis and research;
· Collaborate with peers across departmental lines on various projects and programs;
· Various ad-hoc projects as assigned.
· Minimum of 2-4 years of experience with a degree in accounting;
· In depth experience with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel;
· Must have intermediate Excel skills and ability to work with pivot tables and v-lookup tables;
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills; and
· Candidates with existing understanding of accounts payable and contracts preferred.
· The Association’s headquarters is located in an office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other staff members, external vendors and SFA external constituents. Position may require occasional lifting of heavy boxes, up to 40 pounds, and filing in lateral and upright file cabinets.
Competitive benefits package provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “SFA_Accountant.”