10 Malcolm X Blvd
About the Position:
Boston Community Capital (“BCC”) is seeking an IT Support Specialist (“ISS”) to join our growing team in our Boston office. BCC is in a growth mode and expanding its national presence. The ISS will have the opportunity to take on high-levels of responsibility, interacting with the entire organization across multiple business units. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, collaborating with the Salesforce Administrator, and interfacing with BCC’s Managed IT Service Provider, the ISS will play a critical role in helping the organization function smoothly and efficiently.
BCC is looking for a highly organized problem solver who would be responsible for the smooth operation of systems and tools supporting organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The ISS will support existing systems as well as identify, and implement new IT solutions and processes to support the team to accomplish the mission of the organization. The ISS will be the “Go-to” resource in the organization in keeping all things technology-related running smoothly and efficiently.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide warm, knowledgeable staff support and service for cloud and server based applications, desktops, servers, network devices, peripherals and VOIP solutions
- Collaborate with the Salesforce Administrator to improve existing systems and processes as well as to implement new business processes
- Serve as the administrator for a varied range of technology solutions ranging from cloud applications, the VoIP phone system, and security systems
- Provide orientation and training to staff, leading regular trainings as well as creating and maintaining training materials for third-party applications (i.e. Salesforce, Docusign, Office 365, etc.)
- Create and maintain updated documentation of processes and procedures
- Resolve technical and functional support issues, serve as primary point of contact for various third-party solutions
- Research, identify and implement new third-party solutions to streamline operational processes
- Assist in new IT solution implementations
- Manage staff computers, and set up new computers for either new employees or replacement computers and image new computers as needed
- Properly dispose, recycle or donate old hardware
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems, advising on appropriate actions, and resolving issues
- Route issues to appropriate resources when necessary. This includes escalating to BCC’s managed service provider, and escalating issues identified as critical to senior management
Job Duties Breakdown:
- 50% - Help Desk – Desktop/Laptop/Mobile Devices/Application Support
- 20% - New solutions evaluation and implementation
- 10% - System Administration
- 10% - Inventory Management, Systems Training, and Documentation
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent required
- Advanced technology proficiency
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong technical, analytical, and project management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and prioritize while working under multiple deadlines
- Independent analysis and strong problem-solving skills. Excellent sense of urgency and the ability to triage incidents, problems, tasks, and projects quickly
- Working knowledge of network and local PC diagnostic utilities
- 4+ years IT support experience in an enterprise environment
- 4+ years Microsoft product support experience including Windows 10, Office 365 & Office 2013. Mac OS experience a plus
- Technical certifications preferred (MCSA, Network+, Apple/Mac)
- Familiarity with Active Directory, Exchange, computer management and NTFS permissions
- Cloud based systems (Box, Azure, AWS and Office 365)
- Familiarity with managing VoIP telephone systems (Avaya IP Office)
- Experience with Macrium Reflect, Symantec Ghost, or another disk imaging system
- Video conferencing and collaboration tools (Skype, Zoom, GotoMeeting, Webex)
- Document Management System support experience
- Demonstrated ability to interpret stakeholder requests and identify solutions
The position requires a highly-motivated and detailed oriented person. The ideal candidate is also someone who understands the unique needs of a rapidly growing organization with multiple business lines with a customer footprint that is national. The candidate must be an independent self-starter, have the demonstrated ability to accurately and efficiently work on several tasks simultaneously and have superior written and verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to seamlessly communicate with senior-level stakeholders, end-users, external clients and technical resources. Finally, the candidate should enjoy working in a mission-driven, growing organization and thrive in a friendly, cooperative, and fast-paced environment. Candidates who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and have a deep and demonstrated commitment to social equity are strongly encouraged to apply for employment.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience within the guidelines of Boston Community Capital’s scale. The position comes with excellent benefits including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as generous vacation and employer contributions to a retirement account.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply:
The position is open until filled. Please submit a resume and cover letter to the attention of Andrew Koh, Senior Vice President, Operations at https://bostoncommunitycapital.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk01sms?cjb_hash=O_OyXn11&apply_now=true.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Boston Community Capital cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.
Boston Community Capital is an equal opportunity employer. Boston Community Capital is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all employees or applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.