AIPAC is seeking an integral member of our team to be responsible for the implementation of all fundraising and political activities for the pro-Israel community in Orange County. The Area Director will partner with our base of local citizen advocates to educate America's elected officials, policy makers, and opinion leaders. The Area Director will guide and mobilize our lay leadership in their political activism, and will be responsible for meeting development goals including retention of existing donors and acquiring new major donors.
- Manage and achieve annual fundraising and political goals through, meetings, face-to-face solicitations and events
- Coordinate and execute annual development plan
- Cultivate and recruit new members, donors and activists
- Develop lay leadership for local and national AIPAC roles
- Recruit participants for national and local programs
- Deliver speeches and briefings on the U.S.-Israel relationship and pro-Israel activism
- Manage a team which oversees all aspects of Orange County activities
- Participate in weekly regional and national meetings
- Bachelor's degree, advanced degree a plus
- 5-7 years’ of work experience in related field or as an involved lay leader
- Knowledge of and experience in the organized Jewish community either as a staff person or lay leader is a plus
- Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship as well as deep knowledge of issues relating to Israel, the Middle East and the U.S.-Israel relationship
- Experience with face-to-face solicitation or sales
- Skilled multitasker
- Ability to run a successful fundraising campaign.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work both independently and oversee a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Public speaking skills
- Understanding of the local (Southern California) and national political landscape preferred
- Manage staff engaged in various development and administrative functions
- Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining confidentiality and good working relationships
- Ability to quickly absorb current events and AIPAC legislative priorities, and relay to lay leaders, members, etc.
- Full competencies in Microsoft Office suite
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered.
- If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachments' function to attach position specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
- AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer