Details: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
We’re looking for a skilled Editorial & Copy Director with experience writing advertising, promotional and editorial content to address health and environmental issues on a global scale for The Monday Campaigns
—public health initiatives, promoting Monday as the day to start and sustain healthy behaviors. Meatless Monday, the one that started it all, is now a rapidly growing global movement that can be found in 40 countries, and has the support of celebrities, chefs and restaurants, media and business, schools, and communities around the world.
You’ll work with a team of marketing, public health programming, digital marketing, communications/PR and creative professionals along with experts at leading academic institutions to develop and implement integrated communications programs that promote nutrition, physical activity, tobacco cessation and stress reduction.
The Editorial & Copy Director will execute a broad range of writing in different styles across all media to address B2B and B2C audiences, both in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Development of creative concepts and long range campaigns for The Monday Campaigns all medi, with an emphasis on engaging NGOs, government agencies, consumers and community organizations, schools, trade groups and food industry professionals, as well as consumers interested in extending our practices to their personal networks.
- Effectively translate scientific and research information for use in advertising copy, videos, educational materials and promotional toolkits
- Produce, regularly review, update and post original content onto web properties, ensuring that copy renders and functions correctly in all digital environments.
- Compose fresh weekly health practice content for websites as well as tips and motivational messaging for newsletters, emails, blogs, text messages, and social and other media.
- Compose marketing & public relations material.
- Translate high concept creative ideas into promotional packages that can be used by partner organizations, including graphics and language for use in both social and other emerging media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other emerging media.
- Maintain annual editorial calendar to leverage special eventsthat inform content creation across websites, blogs, newsletters, emails, promotions and other media. and identify opportunities to promote and co-promote special events and health days
- Work with program and research teams to ensure that all content in online and print materials is scientifically accurate and current,and coordinate any updates as needed.
- Other writing duties as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications
- A BA with 8+ years experience writing advertising, promotions, video scripts and collateral materials as well as longer form content including articles, press releases, blog posts and educational information
- Skill in thinking strategically and developing “big picture” creative ideas
- Experience with CMS, such as Drupal or Wordpress
- Superior understanding of SEO best practices and ability to integrate them into written content
- Ability to execute creative concepts across all media, particularly digital and social media
- Experience developing creative for B2B and B2C audiences
- Flexible in responding to shifting priorities and able to deliver quality work within tight deadlines
- Ability to edit on website CMS and in digital media
- Experience in news and PR writing a plus
- Motivated self-starter able to thrive in a collaborative environment, where taking initiative is encouraged
We offer excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a résumé, desired salary and brief cover note telling us what ideas/experience/skills you can bring to the team to email@example.com. Make sure to include "Copy Director" in the subject line.
This is an immediate hire.
No phone calls, please.
We offer excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.