At Esalen, we care about being present. We bring that to everything we do. We don’t just build a table, we build a work of art that’s also a table. We don’t just say hello, we make eye contact and listen with intention. We feel the same way about our team members - showing up in support of their full being. We offer great health care, access to workshops, and the space to further our mission by contributing to your own human potential.
- The Facility Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support the Director of Facilities and the other team members in accomplishing the necessary tasks involved with successful management of the facilities and plant. This position ensures the various departmental administrative needs are met and projects are progressing forward on schedule with attention to detail and delivering high quality results.
- This is a full-time hourly position and reports to the director but also works in support of all team members including maintenance, farm, garden and grounds and security supervisors. This position is based in Carmel but requires 1-2 days at the Esalen campus. There is some flexibility in the scheduled work hours and a small portion of time may require presence at night or on weekends.
What will this role do?
- Provide coordination and administrative support for the Director of Facilities and the Facilities team. Example duties include:
- Responsible for the administrative support of the Facilities area
- Responsible for all Purchase Orders; entering, faxing, revisions, invoices, payables and follow through
- Responsible for organizing all files, materials, and documents
- Ensuring input is accurate and executed in an efficient and timely manner
- Tracking expenses and processing
- Assists with management and data entry into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Maintain internal and external relationships when necessary (i.e. Vendors, Accounting, Gov.)
- Process all outgoing/incoming mail and shipping requests
- Review, verify and input data and documents related to operational and/or program activities such as budgets, contracts, legislation, schedules, rentals, personnel actions and/or other related information
- Respond to requests for documentation and information related to assigned area of responsibility; explain and interpret assignment area policies and procedures to internal or external customers
- Perform administrative and technical duties related to area of assignment including interpreting, analyzing and determining compliance or acceptance of information and materials; prepare reports to document results of duties performed
- Provide front line support and information to staff relative to area of assignment, as needed
- Schedules meetings, attends and takes meeting minutes, organizes documents and databases
- Demonstrate confidence, professionalism, responsiveness and exceptional customer service skills
- Uses good business judgment when responding to the needs of clients, both internal and external
- Communicate professionally, in a friendly, clear and concise manner
- Track progress of work orders submitted to monitor status
- Report open issues to Director of Facilities
- Prepares invoices for approval and payment; reconciles invoices for accounts payable
- Accurately produce reports, statistical data, and other information as identified for the purposes of planning, analyzing and monitoring progress towards stated organizational goals
- Assist with record keeping of departmental budget expenditures
- Ensure training and safety manuals are maintained for all functions of the facilities department; ensure each function has a documented standard operational procedure
- Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with all staff/departments
- Other projects as assigned in an evolving and dynamic new position
Qualifications + Requirements + Skills
- History of working in fast-paced and detailed environment successfully performing administrative tasks
- Ability to successfully perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above in a professional and timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The ability to work in harmony with the department members and others throughout Esalen
- Ability to reprioritize projects frequently
- Independent, self-motivated, team player
- Highly organized with attention to detail – precise, accurate, organized and ability to multitask with ease is essential
- Adept in technology. Knowledge of Excel, Word, Macintosh operating systems, and database technology as well as skills in web-based applications (such as Google Drive) is necessary
- Resourcefulness with the ability to adapt
- Ability to strategically plan and prioritize tasks while anticipating needs
- Metric reporting experience and database/spreadsheet competency
- A genuine willingness, ability, and appreciation for carrying out administrative tasks
- Affinity to Esalen’s mission
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to maneuver on uneven ground, sit for long periods of time, occasionally carry and lift up to 25 pounds, and be able to perform daily repetitive hand motions as it pertains to computer mouse and keyboard.
- The pay for this position is commensurate with experience. This role includes a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and paid time off. Esalen gives teammates access to an extensive range of daily experiential classes (yoga, dance, tai chi, and meditation) & ongoing in-house education and training programs.
Esalen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.