250 Joralemon Street
Brooklyn Law School seeks an External Affairs Coordinator to join its External Affairs team. The Coordinator supports the Events and Communications Departments with a special focus on maintaining departmental budgets, assisting with aspects of event preparation and execution, and serving as the External Affairs office manager. The External Affairs Coordinator also serves as the liaison between the External Affairs office and other departments within the Law School, as well as outside constituencies, and assists in maintaining a database of over 23,000 alumni and community partners.
The External Affairs Coordinator will make an impact in many areas with responsibilities and duties including, but not limited to:
- Departmental Administrative Manager. This includes assisting with budgeting and finance, including processing all invoices, maintaining supplies, managing the departmental calendars, supporting all members of the External Affairs team with administrative tasks;
- Event Coordinator. Responsible for assisting in all facets of event execution, including rsvp management, event prep, and setup, on site event support and post-event, invoicing, tasks and analysis.
- Communications Responsibilities. Assisting with the following: production and distribution of Brooklyn Law Notes magazine; public relations and social media efforts; ensuring accuracy of content on relevant portions of the Law School's website and internal intranet site, and making edits as needed.
- Various administrative tasks including copying, filing, preparing documents, etc.,
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent, oral, writing, and communication skills with the ability to understand and speak compellingly about Brooklyn Law School;
- Experience working with databases, competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a demanding professional work environment required;
- Demonstrated ability successfully to manage and multi-task projects with a high degree of attention to detail;
- High degree of proficiency with social media platforms;
- Strong sense of customer service;
- Flexibility to work some nights and/or weekends when required
Brooklyn Law School has a competitive Total Rewards packages which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, 403(b)Pension, Flexible Spending and TransitChek. We have a generous time off policy and promote a healthy work/life balance.
Brooklyn Law School is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its recruitment, hiring, and promotion process without regard to race, religion, age, ethnicity , color, gender and/or gender identity or expression, disability, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, veteran or military status, national origin, pregnancy, unemployment status, or any other status protected by applicable city, state, or federal law. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for any open positions within the Law School and shall receive consideration without regard to any legally protected status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with External Affairs Coordinator in the subject heading. No phone calls, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and resumes received without cover letters will not be reviewed.Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, it is not possible for us to respond to each one. If your resume is of interest, we will contact you directly to set up an interview.