Vital Strategies, based in New York City, is an international public health organization. We develop and oversee programs to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality, providing expertise in project implementation and management, strategic communications, epidemiology and surveillance, and other core public health capacities. Our specific programs include road safety, obesity prevention, tobacco control, and activities to strengthen public health data systems and the use of public health data to guide policy and decision-making. Activities are based in low and middle-income countries and cities in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
Vital Strategies is seeking to add expertise in drug strategy, with specific focus on overdose prevention. This work will begin initially in the United States.
Vital Strategies is seeking qualified candidates for three Program Officer positions for the Overdose Prevention Project. The Program Officer(s) will participate in program planning and implementation activities related to technical interventions for reducing overdose deaths in specific U.S. states. The position is based in New York City; some domestic travel may be required for onsite engagement.
- Research topics, synthesize information, and prepare reports and presentations
- Provide support for technical intervention planning, design, implementation, and process monitoring activities
- Assist team members with project management
- Support stakeholder communications and project activities
- Support data collection and evaluation activities
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Skill Set:
- Professional and/or work experience in public policy and/or health and human services
- Graduate or undergraduate degree in public health, public policy, criminal justice, social work, psychology or another relevant field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Vital Strategies offers competitive compensation for full-time employees and pro-rata for part-time employees based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where Vital Strategies pays generously towards the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 15 paid vacation days (rising to 20 paid vacation days from fourth year of service and 25 from seventh year onwards), 13 paid federal holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year's holidays; paid sick days; retirement savings plan; commuter benefits and basic life and personal accident insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send CV, and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for in the subject line. Closing date for applications is October 12, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.