463A 7th Street
Park Slope Center for Successful Aging located on 7th St. and 7th Avenue in Park Slope, Brooklyn, seeks a Part-Time Kitchen Aide to be responsible for breakfast and lunch service as well as any special events where food is served. The kitchen aide will work under the supervision of the Center Director and will work as part of a team to create a welcoming environment.
Part-time: Monday – Friday 9:30 to 1:30
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prep kitchen area and dining hall for daily meal service
· Set up morning service, including coffee/tea service, and toaster
· Set up steam table in preparation for lunch service
· Unpack and store morning deliveries
· Record daily food temperatures in log book
· Prepare the meal service area -- serving pieces, dishes, cutlery
· Portion and serve meals to senior center members and assist with periodic special events
· Operate kitchen equipment such as range, oven, dishwasher
· Clean serving area and kitchen area after meal service
· Maintain safe handling and perform temperature control of prepared foods
· Maintain sanitary conditions in the kitchen and dining area including operating
dishwasher or manual washing of pots, pans and serving utensils.
· Assist with inventory, cleaning, washing dishes and organizing storerooms
· Inform Center Director when supplies are needed
· Assist in any additional service required by special events and parties.
· Complete and maintain required records and forms
· Perform other tasks as requested and assigned by the Center Director
· Maintain adherence to all sanitation standards
· Attend all training as required.
· Cheerful and hospitable personality and interest in serving older adults
· Must have NYC Food Handlers License
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Must be able to perform basic math
· Able to lift heavy objects and stand for long periods of time.
· Must maintain good health with clean, proper clothing and closed toe footwear
· Must be able to understand directions in food preparation, storage, and
cleanup, in order to comply with NYC DOH and NYC DFTA sanitation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume to email@example.com with the title “Part-Time Kitchen Aide” in the subject line
No phone calls.