Engagement Specialist - BROOKLYN, NEW YORK - PROJECT STREET BEAT – PSB FULL TIME
- Job posted by Planned Parenthood of New York City
1406 Fulton Street
Planned Parenthood of New York City is seeking an Engagement Specialist to join our Project Street Beat team. This Engagement Specialist is based at our PSB Brooklyn office, located at 1406 Fulton Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11216.
What you’ll find at Planned Parenthood of New York City:
-Commitment: Planned Parenthood of New York City is a leading provider of sexual and reproductive health care, education, and advocacy. We’ve been here 100 years and will continue to be here for as long as New Yorkers need high-quality health care.
-Passion: Staff and leadership are dedicated to advocating for reproductive health and providing expert care to all New Yorkers.
-A focus on justice: We are here as a resource for all New Yorkers, including people of color, the LGBT community, and immigrants.
-Care for our staff: One of the ways we value the wellbeing of our staff is through the compensation and benefits package we offer to eligible employees. Our benefits package includes comprehensive health and dental insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan including an employer contribution, and generous paid time off.
What the Engagement Specialist does:
- Uses team approach to conduct field-based outreach, client engagement activities, HIV counseling and testing, and service linkages with individuals eligible for Project Street Beat services, including those who are living with or at risk for HIV/STIs, active substance users, homeless or unstably housed, and/or exchange sex for food, drugs, or shelter
- Works within a team to conduct targeted case finding in a variety of settings to engage potential Project Street Beat (PSB) consumers, including targeted street outreach, "word of mouth,” and social networking within underserved communities in the Central Brooklyn, Northern Manhattan and the South Bronx
- Assists PSB case management staff in engaging with and recruiting new clients; accompanying clients to appointments and assisting with scheduling; providing frequent personalized follow-up and communication at Project Street Beat’s offices and via our vans and mobile medical unit; and re-engaging disconnected clients whenever possible
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- At least 12 months of volunteer or work experience with individuals who are living with or at risk for HIV/STIs
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills required with a demonstrated ability to work effectively in non-traditional work settings
- Knowledge of computers and data entry experience required
- Some knowledge of health care delivery system and public health benefit programs preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English (desired but not required)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Are you interested in bringing your expertise to Planned Parenthood of New York City? Click Here to submit your resume and cover letter. No phone calls; PPNYC will contact select applicants to conduct an initial phone screening.
Planned Parenthood of New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace. People of color, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. We consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, marital or veteran status, pregnancy status or sexual orientation.