Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
ScriptEd (scripted.org) is a non-profit organization that equips students in under-resourced schools with the fundamental coding skills and professional experiences that together create access to careers in technology.
We bring our high-quality programs directly to high schools, where classes are taught by a team of professional software developers on a volunteer basis. Students learn front-end web development, build interactive webpages, and gain industry exposure through field trips, hackathons, advanced classes, and paid internship opportunities.
Founded in 2012, we currently serve more than 1,200 students in New York City and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Who We Want
We are looking for passionate, creative leaders who are inspired by our mission and ready to work exceptionally hard to support young people. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial team in a start-environment.
- Manage and ensure success of the program at up to 6 high school sites. Coordinate and support teams of volunteers as they teach the ScriptEd curriculum. Provide instructional coaching and support with the implementation of effective teaching strategies. Ensure volunteer satisfaction and retention.
- Act as a liaison between ScriptEd and partner schools. Keep abreast of school schedules and keep volunteer teams informed of changes. Communicate with school partners about the success of the program and any concerns. Coordinate logistics for ScriptEd classes, field trips, and special events.
- Collect and manage student and program data. Manage student attendance, participation and mastery data. Track and analyze all data using Salesforce. Prepare reports and keep all stakeholders informed on progress.
- Recruit, train, and on-board new volunteer teachers. Attend Meetups and city-wide events to represent ScriptEd and recruit new volunteers. Conduct volunteer trainings and support volunteers through the onboarding process.
- Support ScriptEd’s summer opportunities. Support planning, coordinate logistics, and manage student experience during ScriptEd summer programming.
- Provide additional project support, as needed.
- Two+ years of classroom teaching experience in under-resourced schools
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Commitment to educational and tech equity
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success managing many projects at once
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Self-motivated, flexible, and entrepreneurial
- Thrives in fast-paced, collaborative working environment
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends
- Current driver’s license, or ability to drive as needed
Includes a competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line, “SF Bay Program Manager Application”.
ScriptEd strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities and neighborhoods we serve. ScriptEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
While we look forward to reviewing every application, we regret that due to the volume of applications received we will only be able to contact those candidates who are invited for interview.