Details: $43,000 - $46,000 yearly (depends on experience). Includes a great benefits package (full health/ vision/dental insurance, 3 weeks vacation, community service time off, sabbaticals, and 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4% of salary).
1504 Bryant St
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Human Resources & Office Management Associate will be responsible for maintaining critical HR systems, supporting hiring and training of staff members and offering support (including basic technical support) to all staff members to ensure a productive work environment. In addition, the position will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the physical office environment.
Qualifications: You have a strong passion for community service and the impact that volunteering has on individuals and their communities. You have an interest in creating and maintaining an office environment that makes it easier for people to be successful in their jobs. You have a strong attention to detail and can navigate through your list of tasks to prioritize the urgent items. You have experience with Google Suite and enjoy working with various technologies (from copiers to chromebooks, and apps to databases/spreadsheets). You like organized spaces. You are patient and resourceful when it comes to problem solving. And you have a curiousity about Office Management/Operations and Human Resources; perhaps you are considering these as a career path.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills; collaboration amongst coworkers and external contacts.
- Self-starter. Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent time-management skills; Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor in person and in email. Strong customer service skills.
- Strong practical computer skills. Extensive experience with or a strong willingness to learn to use the basic Google suite like Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Maps.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources.
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding and training of employees.
- Provide staff members with tools and support they need to be effective (computers, keys, codes, etc).
- Maintain our HR database (Zenefits), ensuring all employee information, including time off accruals, is up to date.
- Maintain our timesheet process for hourly employees (Tsheets) - ensure timesheets are completed and approved in a timely manner.
- Ensure staff members complete necessary trainings.
- Provide first line of contact for employee’s questions about benefits.
- Assist in collecting and monitoring of staff feedback.
- Organize HandsOn Celebrations (summer BBQ, holiday party, etc)
- Oversee our office space, making sure our work areas, meeting rooms, and kitchen are in order and are equipped with the right supplies. Water/take care of our office plants.
- Manage vendors related to the office space (janitorial, gas/electric, security, etc) and technology (web domain renewals, various online apps like docusign, zoom, etc).
- Manage G-Suite Business account: create staff email accounts & update groups, reset passwords as needed, assist with managing shared calendars and G-Drive storage.
- Manage our wireless network and copy machine.
- Provide troubleshooting of all end-user technology in our Google Suite & mostly Chromebook environment.
- Assist in organizing our space for events and staff meetings.
- Distribute incoming mail; assist with other administrative duties as needed.
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff:
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission.
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Act as leaders on HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary.
Important Dates & Information (example)
- June 18: applicant submission deadline.
- June 18 - June 22: in-person interviews
- Start date: July 16th or shortly thereafter.
- HandsOn is contractually obligated to run background checks on our employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume (please convert all attachments to pdf) to email@example.com by June 18.
- Include the following email subject line: HR & Office Management Associate - [insert your last name here].
- Address the following in your cover letter: What factors contribute to a great organizational culture?