Full Time Contract
111 Mulberry Street
Job Description: Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Marketing Manager will play a critical role helping to raise profile of the economic development activity within the City of Newark, led by Newark CEDC, in an effort to support business attraction, support a stronger entrepreneurial ecosystem, promote Newark CEDC services, connect residents and business owners to opportunities and generate more investment, increase local spending and support the administration’s economic development strategy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Social Media- Routinely update and create social media campaigns across 4 platforms promoting NCEDC’s special projects, daily news, and upcoming events.
- Website- Ensure that information on website is updated. Proactively coordinate with staff for content, identify content opportunities, and generate content. Conduct initial assessment and overhaul of all tabs and update all links/content with current information. Provide new tools and functionality for the Nationbuilder platform. Reformat the mobile app for a more user-friendly layout.
- Marketing and Advertising - Share opportunities with City Hall press department and marketing/PR teams of key partners; create buzz stories and send drafts for review then publish. Identify and suggest new marketing platforms both locally and nationally.
- Flyers - Design, create, and publish flyers and other printable marketing materials .
- Events- identify events for Newark CEDC to participate in or take lead role; handle logistics for events that Newark CEDC is leading/managing including but not limited to invitations, venue selection, marketing for events, partner identification, catering and logistics. Take lead role in coordinating details for ribbon cuttings soliciting information from appropriate staff point person and circulating documents to staff, partners and city hall press.
- Provide other related support and leadership as needed.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 2-3 years of prior marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the City of Newark
- Proactive and “get-it-done” attitude
- Ability to multi-task and be goal-oriented
Newark CEDC offers a competitive salary and an excellent fringe benefit package as well as an exciting, challenging and rewarding work environment.
Newark CEDC is an equal opportunity employer. Newark CEDC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume via email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Marketing Manager
Direct email applicants only, no mail or phone calls please
Minimum Education Required