1309 South Wood Street
Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time Training Coordinator to teach local residents the skills needed to produce local programming using CAN TV’s video production facilities and equipment. CAN TV helps people adapt to a changing multi-media environment by teaching skills toward independent use of media, expanding the diversity of voices, ideas and opinions available on CAN TV and online.
CAN TV recently built and moved to a modern multi-use facility at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Teach video workshops and production classes to local residents
· Administer follow-up activities for classes
· Provide training and production support for special projects
· Conduct hands on practice sessions with community producers that need extra assistance
· Assist in orientation sessions for the public
· Prepare reports regarding training, administrative and other activities
· Adhere to CAN-TV training curriculum
· Implement procedures and enforce rules relating to organizational policies
· Report any technical problems with equipment
· Proficiency in use of video equipment
· Experience in teaching field production and editing
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
· Strong presentational skills
· Strong organizational, administrative and writing skills
· Excellent troubleshooting and technical skills
· Clear understanding of the need for and the role of public access television
· Flexible work schedule (must be available to work weekends and weeknights.)
· The workweek will typically be 24-28 hrs
This position is part of the NABET/CWA Local 41bargaining unit at CAN TV with a salary of $15.00 per hour. The position reports to CAN TV’s Training Manager. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a part-time position and medical benefits are not included.
Minimum Education Required