1119 Market St
THE ORGANIZATION: Operation Access (OA) is a non-profit organization that has enabled medical providers to donate vital outpatient surgical procedures and diagnostic services to over 13,000 Bay Area residents in need since 1993. OA envisions health care equity for people facing barriers to care. OA works with a broad network of partners to serve patients in all nine Bay Area counties through its San Francisco office.
JOB OVERVIEW: The Program Assistant provides support to program activities, office operations, and other activities that advance the mission of the organization. The work environment is collaborative and team-based.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Patient Eligibility and Intake
- Conduct patient intake and eligibility processes, including entering incoming patient referrals, screening for program eligibility, and sending program introduction letters and other correspondence for patients.
- Assist with recruitment, training, and management of office volunteers.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of local safety net systems for target population.
Program & Organizational Support
- Answer main phone line, distribute faxes, and greet visitors.
- Make reminder calls to patients to assist in navigation and ensure compliance.
- Assist with office wide mailings, processing of patient satisfaction surveys and medical bills.
- Support production and faxing of referral status and upcoming appointment reports to referring clinics.
- Pick-up and distribute incoming mail.
- Attend, interpret, and assist with Saturday surgery sessions, as needed.
- Assist with patient care coordination, as needed.
- Assist Executive Director with scheduling and meeting logistics, as needed.
- Additional areas of leadership depending on organizational needs and professional experience.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Fluency in Spanish and English
- Associate’s degree in a related field
- Proficiency with MS Access, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Self-motivated, fast learner able to keep pace with a growing demand for OA services
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work some evenings and at least two Saturdays per quarter
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable with some public speaking
- Ability to articulate OA’s mission & effectively lead volunteers and stakeholders to fulfill that mission
- 1-3 years of work experience in healthcare or related field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of local health care organizations
- Experience with medical interpretation and knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience or interest in IT or systems development and troubleshooting
- Experience or interest in communications, design, or website development
- Resides in the community being served through this position
- AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, & other national service alumni encouraged to apply
We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
A competitive compensation and benefit package will be provided to the successful candidate, which currently includes health and dental coverage, funds for personal and professional growth, a 403b contribution match, time off to volunteer with local non-profits (up to 5% of work time), along with a positive, fun and productive work environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Applicants must be Spanish/English bilingual.
Minimum Education Required