Details: $10.50 - 11.50/hour for 10-15 hours a week
Radio Eye seeks a dedicated, detail-oriented Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator. The primary job of the Louisville Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is to help the Program Director in the daily operations of the Louisville studio.
Radio Eye – a non-profit radio reading service headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky – produces a 24-hour broadcast for people who are blind or otherwise print disabled, with the help of a small staff and 200 volunteers. Radio Eye broadcasts throughout Kentucky via telephone; and in Central and Eastern Kentucky and the Louisville Metro Area by radio. Visit our website (www.radioeye.org) to find out more.
We have a small recording studio located in the Visually Impaired Preschool Services in Louisville. The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is based out of this office.
This is an entry-level position.
Hours: 10-15 hours a week. Current office hours are Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9 AM – 2:30 PM, with a half hour for lunch. The other 5 hours are on an as-needed basis, and will be outside of the office (delivering radios, outreach meetings and events, etc.).
· Strong organizational skills, highly motivated.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Self-starter; able to work well without much supervision.
· Must be able to work with staff and a large pool of volunteers in daily activities.
· Able to learn recording system well enough to teach it to new volunteers.
· Able to pass a reading audition.
· Able to empathize with blind & print-disabled persons who need help to access printed materials.
· Be familiar with what the volunteers do, and direct them accordingly
· Audition readers
· Train and supervise new volunteers on equipment, protocols, and how to read
· Liaise with Lexington staff on assignment and placement of volunteers
· Organize substitute volunteers
· Keep reading material for volunteers
· Fill in for missing readers during the week
· Check that Louisville signal is up
· Keep the Louisville iPhone, and answer it.
· Receive visitors and deal with inquiries.
· Arrange hand-delivery of radios to listeners in Louisville.
· Distribute any mail that comes to the Louisville studio to Lexington staff
· Let Program Director know what supplies are needed
· Report problems with lighting, heating and a/c, etc. to VIPS
· Remotely attend outreach and expansion meetings, as availability allows
· Create a Louisville outreach committee
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Amy Hatter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Paid sick and vacation time, paid holidays off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Amy Hatter at email@example.com.