7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for a career tomorrow. 4-H programs empower nearly six million young people across the US through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3000 local offices. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. National 4-H Council is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
4-H seeks a RD Administrative Coordinator to provide general administrative support to the Account Management Team within the RD Department. The Coordinator will work in partnership with the Sr. Manager, Federal and Foundations to ensure all related administrative operations such as meetings, events, and travel run smoothly.
Administrative Support Duties
- Provide customer service and administrative support for the Account Management – Foundation team.
- Perform general administrative duties including screen mail, maintain electronic files and filing systems, maintain and address/mailing lists, copy/fax/scan, and schedule conference calls and virtual meetings.
- Maintain website resources and documents.
- Create and prepare documentation for meetings at the direction of team members.
- Serve as liaison with other Council team members and to external parties.
- Prepare, monitor and process invoices, expense reports and check requests, and assist with tracking budget status.
- Order supplies, books and subscriptions, and so forth.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues promptly.
- Coordinate and, or execute special projects under the guidance of the Sr. Manager, Federal, and Foundation.
Meetings, Events, and Travel Support Duties
- Schedule and assist with managing logistics for internal and external meetings to include collaborating with the conference/meeting service teams in identifying venues (if applicable), menu development, banquet event order review, and tracking budget status.
- Assist with coordinating calendars, agendas, travel logistics for committee calls, participants; and manage expense reports and credit card statements.
- Attend meetings and prepare minutes for conference calls and post/distribute to appropriate individuals on a timely basis.
- Collaborate with internal teams on training events including coordinating activities with participants, the travel agency, and with 4-H’s Conference Center.
- Make travel arrangements for team members.
Document Management Duties
- Manage the Department’s files and information on SharePoint.
- Generate and maintain tracking spreadsheets or SharePoint list as well as any departmental related updates, reports, summaries, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Manage multiple Listservs and 4-H Online learning sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related discipline, or equivalent in work experience.
- Must have at least a year to three years of professional work experience in an office environment serving multiple teams
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced setting in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 5% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
Career Ladder - his position typically has the following career ladder:
- Resource Development Coordinator
- Account Manager
- Senior Account Manager
Minimum Education Required