The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agency’s day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provide business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
DOHMH is seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Disease Surveillance Product Manager for management of various integrated disease surveillance systems. These systems are crucial and vital tools through which DOHMH receives provider and electronic case reports, laboratory, and syndromic data for the purpose of the agency’s disease prevention and response. The systems that the Product Manager will be working on include: Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI) Electronic Clinical Reporting System (ECLRS) Secure Informatics Management Platform (SIMPL) and Universal Public Health Network (UPHN.) These are all integral components of the disease surveillance technical eco-system and will ensure that provider and laboratory reports are appropriately processed, cleaned, matched, and integrated with our outbreak management systems. The Product Support Manager will work with the City-wide Immunization Registry, as well as with the Public Health Laboratory data warehouse.
· Work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution, ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe
· Collaborate and work with a matrix-based team of staff including clinical and disease program staff, development team, DBAs, network and security teams, vendors, and consultants
· Set up just-in-time training for new users
· Ensure needed updates and enhancements are captured and communicated to project management
· Investigate, prioritize, and follow-up on application bug fixes and issues
· Maintain user access control
· Assist with system deployments, upgrades, QA, and post-production support
· Assist in application usage and other administrative actions within the application
· Troubleshoot issues and perform system maintenance tasks
· Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years overall experience with supporting IT applications
· Strong technical and development background
· Ability to troubleshoot issues in a multitier software applications environment
· Ability to communicate problems and solutions to the user. Verbal communication and problem-solving skills include soliciting, clarifying, affirming, consensus-building, and non-verbal/written
· Effective at communicating technical concepts to non-technical users
· Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
· Ability to prioritize issues based on business and operational needs
· Familiarity with cloud-based applications
· Proficient in writing SQL queries using Microsoft SQL Server
· Understanding of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Pro-active and self-motivated individual with the ability to work in teams with multiple stakeholders
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALITIES
· Strong analytical skills and ability to manage and report complex information
· Experience with data collection, analysis, and interpretation
· Desire to grow professionally, develop new skills and willingness to work outside of comfort zone.
· Experience working with the public health sector
· Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
SALARY AND BENEFITS
FPHNYC offers a comprehensive benefits package. The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…