Details: $14 - 15 per hour
1157 Lexington Avenue
Reporting to the Facilities Director and in coordination with the rest of the administrative staff of All Souls, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors by referencing employee and department directories; giving instructions
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges
- Maintains telecommunications and fire alarm system, as needed, by following manufacturer’s instructions for office phone and console operation
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Assist with mailings – stuffing envelopes, affixing stamps and labels, etc., as needed.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail
- Ability to work flexible shifts
- Other related clerical support (for example: data-entry related to online calendar may be requested)
Qualifications and Required Proficiencies:
- Experience as a receptionist in a busy lobby, directing traffic, answering questions, keeping schedules current.
- Strong customer service, reliable, professional,
- Strong verbal communication skills-verbal, ability to write basic business emails.
- Rapport with children, and ability to relate to people from a wide variety of socio-economic classes and diverse backgrounds.
- Team player.
- Security experience a plus.
- Availability for night and weekend hours is preferred.
- Availability to be flexible and come in to substitute for others on relatively short-notice will be a plus.
About All Souls: All Souls Unitarian Church, established in 1819, is an active, self-governing community of approximately 2,000 people who come together to worship and serve in an enriching, non-dogmatic religious environment. All Souls is an accessible congregation dedicated to providing an environment in which all people feel welcome regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation or physical ability. All Souls sponsors a number of social outreach programs.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application: No phone calls, please. Interested applicants must submit cover letter describing your background and related experience, along with a resume to:
Subject line: Front Desk Receptionist
Application Deadline: The position is available to begin as early as possible or until the right person is available. Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Qualified candidates may be asked to submit additional information.
Hours and Compensation: This is a part-time job with hours to be determined (All Souls is open from 7am to 8:30pm seven days per week). Initial compensation at an hourly rate of $14 - $15, depending on experience. No benefits.
All Souls is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.