ANNOUNCEMENT OF OPEN POSITION IN INDIANA
POSITION: Indiana Development Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development
LOCATION: Indianapolis, IN
Your role stands at the intersection of fundraising and the fight to change the odds for historically underserved children and families. As a key member of Stand’s Indiana team at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity, you will work closely with the Indiana Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development to support the affiliate in their efforts to build on the progress to date to improve outcomes for students across the state. You will deepen our impact by driving success in statewide donor and grants programs, including a key role in supporting the fundraising strategies of the 501c3, 501c4, and state political action committee. Through your dedication and passionate approach to the role, you get the opportunity to work with colleagues who not only care deeply about justice and equity, but who are bold and strategic and take responsibility for achieving substantial progress toward our mission every year.
Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
· Build strategy, systems and fundraising culture in the affiliate in support of the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development achieving their financial sustainability goals
o Work closely with the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development to build and manage a prospect pipeline sufficient to achieve financial goals;
o Research prospective new donors and funding opportunities in support of the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development's ongoing prospect cultivation efforts;
o Arrange donor/prospect meetings, prepare briefings and support materials, coordinate site visits and program reports, and document all notes on donor interactions and gift information in SalesForce;
o Generate all donor correspondence including but not limited to follow-up cultivation notes, acknowledgement, and thank you letters;
o Manage the donor database as a CRM resource tool;
o Work with the Finance Team Liaison to ensure affiliate is on target to meet financial sustainability goals;
o Plan, manage all logistics, and staff fundraising events, as needed, including post-event debriefs and follow-up for donor cultivation;
o In coordination with the State Operations Coordinator, manage fundraising administrative work, including gifts acknowledgement, data entry, and local check deposits;
- Research, structure and maintain a sustainable grants program
o Conduct research and due diligence for new foundations and grant prospects; provide strategic guidance to the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development and staff on approach as well as on expanding support from current foundations;
o Write and steward foundation grant proposals in partnership with the Director of Marketing, Communications, and Development and program staff; coordinate with National on multi-state grants;
o Track proposal progress and maintain grants calendar, including but not limited to submission deadlines and budgeting;
o Ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and submission;
- Oversee and manage development communications and reporting
o Partner with Director the Marketing, Communications, and Development to develop a robust donor communications strategy that guides the communications calendar and creation of donor-centered collateral materials;
o Partner with Digital Strategy Team to drive successful digital fundraising appeals;
o Work with key program staff to develop content for regular external communications with supporters.
· Passionate commitment to Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
· 2 years’ progressive experience in development;
· Superior relational skills and familiarity with fundraising best practices with individual donors;
· Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule; event planning experience strongly preferred;
· Experience with grants management, including research, writing proposals and reports, and stewardship preferred;
· Outstanding written communication skills and strong attention to detail;
· Experience with 501c4 and/or political fundraising preferred;
· Salesforce experience preferred;
· Ability to be stationary for extended periods of time and to travel to meetings outside of the office; Ability to lift more than 10 pounds, on occasion; May require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)
Stand for Children and Stand for Children Leadership Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application and upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter at http://stand.org/careers. No calls please.
To learn more about Stand – Indiana, please visit www.stand.org/in.
Minimum Education Required