Brady is a growing, exciting organization. We recognize that to achieve our goals, we need a world-class level of diverse talent, with top-tier employees who are supported in their development through all stages of their careers, from entry-level positions to the most senior managers. The HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of Brady’s Human Resources Operations including: recruitment, new hire onboarding, benefits administration, performance management, employee relations, training and payroll administration. S/he will be the senior HR leader for Brady, reporting directly to the Co-Presidents, who are passionate about talent acquisition, development, and retention. This position is the ideal role for those seeking to advance their HR expertise while acting as a sole practitioner and providing strategic advice to the Co-Presidents.
Manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resource office in an environment that is growing and
dynamic. The HR Manager carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, and, with the Finance department, payroll administration. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for all or part of these areas:
· Recruiting and staffing logistics;
· Performance management and improvement plans;
· Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting;
· Employee orientation, development, and training;
· Policy development and documentation;
· Employee relations and progressive discipline;
· Company-wide committee facilitation;
· Company employee communication;
· Compensation, benchmarking and benefits administration;
· Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health;
· Creating and maintaining employee files
The HR Manager coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs; may
leverage consultants and external resources. Reports to Co-Presidents and assists and advises managers about Human Resources issues.
Human Resources Department Operations
· Oversees the development and administration of programs,
procedures, and guidelines to align the workforce with the strategic goals of
· Participates in developing department goals, objectives,
· Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other
meetings and seminars.
· Assists in establishing departmental goals and measurements that
support the accomplishment of organizational strategic goals.
Human Resource Information Systems
· Manages the development and maintenance of recruiting social media
particularly brand, culture, and company information.
· Maintains employee-related data. Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to
carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
Training and Development
· Assists with the implementation of the performance management
system that includes performance development plans.
· Assists with the establishment of an in-house employee training
system that addresses the company's training needs including training
needs assessment, new employee orientation or
onboarding, management development.
· Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external
training programs and consultants.
· Provides necessary education and materials to managers and
employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and
· Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the
corporate training budget.
· Maintains employee training records.
· Manages the recruitment process for employees and
interns using the creative, modern recruiting and hiring
practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior
· Conducts the recruiting planning meetings when needed
staff is identified.
· Reviews the resumes for all job candidates and interviews
candidates for employment.
· With the Co-Presidents, develops Human Resources policies for the
organization with regard to employee relations.
· Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies,
procedures, programs, and laws.
· Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a
positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level
of employee morale and motivation.
· Participates in the conduct of investigations when employee
complaints or concerns are brought forth.
· Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in
the progressive discipline system of the company. Counsels managers
on employment issues.
· Assists with the implementation of company safety and health programs. Tracks and posts
OSHA-required data and files reports.
· Assists with the monitoring of the company wage and salary
structure including bonuses and raises.
· Provides competitive market research and prepares pay studies to
help establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain
· Provides payroll processing backup support. Partners with accounting and payroll to
maintain the payroll database.
· Provides day-to-day benefits administration services. Assist
employees with any claim issues.
· Develops and schedules benefits orientations and other benefits
· Administers the 403(b) plan and coordinates with Finance
and broker to complete yearly compliance reporting.
· Administers disability and worker's compensation claims.
· Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee
satisfaction and retention.
· Complies with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the Department of Labor, worker compensation, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and so forth. Maintains minimal company
exposure to lawsuits.
· Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
· Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups.
· Helps to monitor the organization's culture so that it supports
the attainment of the company's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
· Assists with the company-wide committees including the wellness, activities, culture and communications committees.
· 5-7 Years of experience required.
· Minimum Bachelor’s degree required, with strong writing and
· PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SHRM-CP (Society of Human Resource Management Certified
Professional) strongly preferred.
· General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
· Experience in the administration of payroll, benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
· Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
· Effective oral and written communication.
· Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Creative and passionate thinker about talent and culture development. Flexible, excited, and poised for a growth role.
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to email@example.com mentioning "HR Manager" in the subject line.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required