1200 West 35th Street
Organization: Recovery on Water (ROW)
Position: Events & Communications Manager
Location: Chicago, IL
About ROW: Recovery on Water (ROW) is a non-profit based in Chicago that serves as a rowing team that gives patients and survivors of breast cancer the unique opportunity to become active in their recovery, gain support from and interact with fellow survivors.
The Role: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED) and serving as an integral member of the ROW staff, this new role will be a critical member of a dynamic team helping to create sustainable giving and philanthropy for ROW. The Events & Communications Manager will be responsible for creating and executing a marketing, communications, public relations and events strategy that will help support ROW during its next chapter of growth. We are looking for a professional who is energized by telling stories and creating experiences that elevate the impact that ROW has on both breast cancer survivors and the broader community and that advance the fundraising efforts of ROW. This position is key to our success and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person to serve as lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship.
Event Specific Responsibilities: Serve as the lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship.
- Create and manage the timeline, program and task list for all ROW events including St. Pat’s Sprint, Ride4ROW, Race4ROW, Charity Race Team, 26.BLU and the Let the Good Times ROW Gala
- Create a content calendar that coincides with an event calendar
- Evaluate current and new events to measure ROI and advocacy impact
- Lead all event planning and production meetings and discussions with committees
- Negotiate costs and services with vendors; book event space, arrange food and beverage, order all supplies, coordinate AV equipment & operation, make travel arrangements
- Secure volunteers; manage the staff and volunteers working at the event
- Secure guest speakers and entertainment; review speeches, write scripts, help produce videos
- Lead the solicitation and securing of sponsorships, create event sponsorship packages and maximize past revenue for each event
Communications Specific Responsibilities: Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of marketing, branding, social media presence, events and communications.
· Work with the Executive Director to develop and implement strategic and comprehensive communication plans and messaging for both internal and external audiences
· Develop an outcome-driven approach to sharing ROW’s impact in the community
· Prepare marketing collateral and source contributions from across the organization
· Write, edit, and publish copy for the monthly electronic newsletter, blog posts, brochures, profiles, annual report and other external materials to promote and inform various audiences about ROW
· Manage and regularly update ROW’s website, including collaborating with programs to create, edit, review and publish fresh and relevant content
· Manage digital marketing presence and create content for all channels including social media, email marketing and blog content
· Work with third-party vendors as appropriate to create graphics, videos, and other materials
- Bachelor’s degree required, rowing experience a plus (but not required)
- 3+ years prior experience coordinating large and small special events
- Experience with office administration
- Proven track record of generating revenue from events
- Experience with integrating social media into event planning and execution
- Experience with planning an internal and external communications plan
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with Recovery on Water’s Board of Directors, donors and survivors
- Superior time management skills, multi-tasking abilities, team playing skills
- Budget management and negotiation skills
- Google analytics and SEO skills
- Passion for Recovery on Water’s mission
- Internet research and email savvy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary Range & Benefits
Salary is contingent upon available funding, and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. ROW also offers a benefit package with health/dental/vision insurance.
Job Location and Work Conditions
The position is based in the Bridgeport, Chicago area and requires the employee to work at the ROW office or other office settings as well as to perform field work. The mission of the organization may sometimes take them to non-standard workplaces. Occasionally this position may attend Board of Director meetings. A standard workweek is expected but some evenings and weekends will be required for events.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send coverletter and resume to email@example.com