Details: commensurate with experience
400 East Illinois Road
Title: Finance Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, fractional day to full-day per week
Essential Job Functions:
1. Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
2. Prepare payroll for staff and orchestra; dealing with staff pensions
3. Managing the Orchestra’s insurance requirements and leading on annual insurance renewal process
4. Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
5. Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
6. Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
7. Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
8. Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
9. Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
10. Additional HR responsibilities as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited four-year college or university required; three years of professional finance and accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA a plus.
Professional Background: Examples of acceptable fields of study include business administration, management, accounting, and finance. Experience working in nonprofit accounting.
Professional Knowledge and Skills: Expert knowledge of QuickBooks; exceptional oral & written communications; solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial statement reporting, budgeting, and fund accounting; experience in grants management; ability to work in database software.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com