\Half-time salaried position, based in Chicago. Temporarily remote due to COVID.
Bilingual/bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership for overall functioning of our volunteer-based spiritual care program serving migrant children residing at government-sponsored centers, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding.
- Assessment of spiritual needs among migrant children we serve
- Program design and evaluation
- Updating of the MOU as needed, in consultation with the Executive Director
- Volunteer Coordination
- Ensure the appropriate number of volunteers are scheduled for each site visit
- Ensure proper planning for each site visit
- Ensure a post-visit evaluation of the service
- Provide support to volunteers and recognition for their contributions
- Encourage select volunteers to take on new roles as appropriate: recruiting new volunteers, coordinating visits, evaluating past visits, identifying gaps in services and generating new creative ideas
- Volunteer Training
- Provide trainings for new volunteers
- Provide ongoing skill-building opportunities for current volunteers. Trainings can be led by partners or organized “in house”.
- Volunteer Recruitment
- As needed, recruit trusted volunteers with appropriate skills to participate, with an emphasis on matching religious and cultural background to the children served
- Facilitate regular communication with facility staff. Ensure a mutual understanding of the program’s needs, and troubleshoot any problems which may arise
- Facilitate avenues for evaluation of the program and feedback from volunteers, facility staff, and other stakeholders. Integrate ideas flowing from evaluation into the program
- Assist the Development Director with facilitating donations and grants
- Generate regular reports for the Board of Directors
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with a variety of faith communities
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and pastoral care skills
- Ability to use email, telephone, texting, and basic computer software
- Valid driver’s license and car
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Bicultural skills are highly preferred.