Position Location: Brooklyn, NY
About CPD + CPDA
The Center for Popular Democracy promotes equity, opportunity, and a dynamic democracy in partnership with innovative base-building organizations, organizing networks and alliances, and progressive unions across the country. We currently work with more than 45 partner organizations in more than 38 states, Puerto Rico, and D.C., and build the strength and capacity of democratic organizations to envision and advance a pro-worker, pro-immigrant, racial and economic justice agenda. CPD is a rapidly-expanding, changing organization that partners with organizations across the country to build political power and win tangible victories that improve the lives of low-wage workers, immigrants, and communities of color.
About the Position:
The Center for Popular Democracy/CPD Action (CPD/CPDA) is seeking a part time (30 hours/week) IT Systems Coordinator to administer key technology systems, improve how users experience these systems, and work with the broader technology and infrastructure teams to keep the day to day technology of our organization running smoothly. The IT Systems Coordinator will report to the Director of Technology and Systems and will work closely with an offsite IT vendor, as well as CPD/CPDA’s infrastructure team, which includes the COO, finance team, and legal compliance team. This role requires an interest in systems administration, the ability to take direction, a problem solving orientation, and a genuine interest in helping people. As a front-line position in a fast-changing organization, the IT Systems Coordinator will need to be flexible, quick to adapt to change, and able to manage competing tasks.
This is a part time position (30 hours/week) with benefits that will last until December 31st, 2018, at which point the position may be extended or converted to full time based on budget and need. Remote work is not possible for this position.
The IT Systems Coordinator will:
- Administer key systems for document management, constituent relationship management, time tracking, email, and video conferencing
- Implement improvements to technology systems and create training documentation
- Serve as day to day point of contact for offsite IT vendor, which may include hands on work in our office
- Assist in managing computer fleet
- Provide direct support to staff as needed
- Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice
- At least three years of experience in systems administration or information technology, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Ability to both take direction and independently problem solve when needed
- Ability to translate technical jargon to general audiences
- Above average interpersonal skills and a positive attitude when ushering staff through technical challenges
- Experience in administering Box, Salesforce, and G Suite is preferred but not required
CPD is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively recruits people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our hiring portal: https://cpd.hiringthing.com/job/67115/-it-systems-coordinator