3269 Mission St
Are you driven to build a national network of nonprofits on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for all? Are you a natural teacher, capacity builder, and communicator? Are you amazingly talented at staying organized and managing relationships? Do you want to be challenged, learn a ton of skills, be on the cutting edge of economic justice work, have a good laugh, brainstorm a lot, get frustrated sometimes but inspired frequently, and be on the right side of history?
MAF is looking for a Partner Success Manager (PSM) who wants an opportunity to learn and develop within an organization that sits at the forefront of economic justice work and leads with innovative and big ideas. The PSM will have a strong commitment to ensuring the success of nonprofit organizations ("partners") that work to implement MAF's award-winning social loan programs. He/she will be responsible for developing and maintaining lasting relationships with nonprofit organizations across the nation, providing targeted technical assistance support, loan portfolio performance monitoring, and tracking of program outcomes. The PSM works with nonprofit partners on a regular basis to ensure adoption and success of the MAF loan programs, and is responsible for the overall and ongoing satisfaction of the partner organization. From day one you’ll be challenged by exciting projects, working alongside the best and brightest, and enjoying an amicable work environment.
Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is a groundbreaking non-profit on a mission to create a fair financial marketplace for hardworking families. We’re a recognized nationwide leader in developing innovative and successful asset-building strategies. A hybrid between a tech start-up and a nonprofit, MAF is a great place to work for both nonprofit or for-profit professionals who are interested in tech for social good.
As MAF grows, we need a passionate PSM who can work with our team to shape the future of our organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants not just a job, but also an opportunity to build the financial power in low-income and immigrant communities and be part of a community and culture that is committed to social good.
An awesome place to work:
We’re right in the the Mission District in San Francisco. It’s awesome here, with diverse restaurants, bars, and shops. We’ve got great team outings (fighting zombies, putt putt and bowling to name a few). And the team is ridiculously dedicated to the mission and fun to work with. Plus, you’ll get to hobnob with and learn from a certified MacArthur Genius. (It also helps that we have the best snacks.) We have a super beautiful office setting, with lots of bright colors and natural light. As a nonprofit and tech startup, we attract people who like to jump in with both feet and who aren’t afraid of learning how to do better. With an open office environment, collaboration and teamwork are more than just values - they’re a way of life. Hailing from many different cultural and professional backgrounds, we are drawn together by a passion for embracing technology and creativity to make the world a better place for hardworking families.
Reports to: Programs Director
We are seeking a full-time Partner Success Manager to take our partnerships to the next level. The Partner Success Manager will be responsible for the full spectrum of partnership support - from onboarding new partnerships, to training, providing ongoing technical assistance, creating opportunities for engagement, and retention.
Desired skills and experience:
· Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent written communication and verbal skills to complement both in-person and phone based communications.
· 2+ years relevant experience in a professional setting, preferably in customer success/account management and/or with mission-driven, non-profit organizations specializing in social/human services, asset-building/economic or community development.
· Capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and the aptitude to learn quickly, adapt, and have fun in a fast-paced work environment.
· Independent, self-motivated worker with a good track record of managing complex projects and a bias for proactively resolving issues.
· Demonstrated interest, ability and experience working with diverse communities, including low-income families.
· Good sense of humor, healthy interpersonal skills, and a “can do” positive attitude.
· Demonstrates cultural competency when working with diverse members of the community.
· Familiarity with financial concepts, experience in consumer credit or finance, or with financial coaching.
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to stay organized in dynamic environments.
· Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams.
· Exceptional communication and customer service skills and a passion to provide “WOW” experiences with customers.
· Proficiency in Salesforce or other online CRM applications and cloud-based platforms.
· Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
· Graduate degree preferred.
· Ability to travel.
For your nonprofit account relationships you will:
· Own all aspects of the customer relationship from onboarding, to training and retention.
· Establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with your partners so they seek out your counsel on both our programs and their challenges.
· Provide excellent training to partner staff (both in-person and online) on policies and procedures, program enrollment strategies, and legal requirements.
· Guide them through the on-boarding process.
· Develop valuable insights and consultative offerings tailored to enrollment targets, develop customized, strategic, and sound recommendations based on stated objectives.
· Provide timely follow-up on loan servicing and any technical assistance needs of partner providers.
· Ensure that client applications and loan records are accurate and complete.
· Initiate and maintain constant communication with partners to nurture all assigned account relationships.
· Demonstrate the value of the programs in every interaction.
· Monitor the health of the partnership (and improve health when necessary).
· With a mind towards retention, manage a renewal pipeline and keep partner contracts up-to-date.
In addition, you will manage a number of key processes and projects including but not limited to:
· Refine and streamline program processes, with a focus on program effectiveness, scaling and expansion.
· Assist in the development of social media, communication systems and storytelling content.
· Participate in community meetings, events and conferences as needed (some nights or weekends and travel required).
· Support MAF in designing and developing our 2018 Summit, a 300-person event that will draw our partner network, funders, nonprofit allies, and experts in tech, credit-building, immigration, microlending, and more.
Compensation and Benefits:
· This is a full-time position with an anticipated salary range of $50,000-60,000. Salary & title will be dependent on experience.
· We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with this value.
· We provide 20 days of Paid Time Off (160 hours)/year accrued for the first two years of full-time employment, 13 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule.
· We provide generous medical (HMO and PPO options), dental, vision, disability, life, flexible spending account, and AD&D insurance.
· We care about your financial future. We provide a matching 401K plan that is immediately vested. We will match up to 4% of your compensation/year.
· Commuter benefits & flexible savings accounts: pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for expenses like healthcare or commuter expenses like parking, vanpool, public transit—including train, subway, bus, and ferry.
Our Hiring Process and Timeline:
· We will read your cover letter first; it’s important for us to understand whether this is the right fit for you. In your cover letter, please be sure to tell us why you are interested in this job, what you like about MAF, and share examples of past work you’ve done that makes you a strong candidate.
· We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
· We will begin scheduling phone interviews in June.
· We will begin in-person one-hour interviews in late June/early July. If you are invited for an in-person interview, we will ask for 1-2 work samples relevant to this position, e.g. a process you created, a writing sample, or other relevant materials.
· Finalists will be invited to a second-round one-hour interview.
· We would like to have the selected candidate start as soon as possible - ideally in mid-July.
Equal Opportunity Employment: Mission Asset Fund is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Mission Asset Fund does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic background, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Deadline: Applications are processed on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.
· No phone calls.
· Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
· Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Minimum Education Required