Part of the Solution (POTS) is a 'one-stop shop' helping low-income individuals and families move from crisis to stability and ultimately, self-sufficiency. POTS help more than 40,000 people annually. Current services include the Community Dining Room; Emergency Food Pantry; shower and mail facilities; case management and Legal Clinic. POTS also holds a variety of seasonal distributions for items such as back-to-school supplies, Thanksgiving turkeys and holiday gifts, and is host to a medical and dental clinic.
Supervises the Case Management Team and assist clients with the goal of moving families in the Bronx to greater stability. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the public-benefits-focused case management team at POTS with the goal of maximizing clients’ knowledge of and access to the programs and benefits for which they are eligible, with the goal of assisting them on their journeys out of poverty. Support clients with accessing legal services, workforce development, detoxification, psychiatric and domestic violence prevention services and performing holistic case management services that help families move from crisis to stability. Conduct outreach to educate low-income households about access to benefits.
· Provide direct supervision, orientation and training to Case Managers.
· Identify and coordinate the training and educational needs of Case Management staff.
· Work with the Associate Director of Next Step Services and Director of Programs to ensure quality, comprehensive and caring services are provided to POTS clients.
· Track program goals for internal review and for grant reporting purposes.
· Assist with the completion and timely submission of grant reports.
· Provide case management services to clients including screening and intake for benefit access.
· Prepare and oversee the accuracy of SNAP applications, recertifications, mediations, change reports and periodic reports.
· Assist clients in obtaining and maintaining cash and non-cash benefits such as Cash Assistance, WIC, Medicaid, Lifeline phones, SSI/SSD, SCRIE and DRIE.
· Support clients to navigate access to various forms of temporary and permanent housing.
· Refer clients to other social services providers for additional assistance.
· Attend conferences, staff trainings, and various meetings as directed.
· Cover caseloads when necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English
· Flexible schedule including occasional Saturday work
· Dedication to the mission, vision and values of POTS
· Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience in a Social Services agency
· Experience with SNAP application (POS & ACCESS HRA) and connecting clients to other public benefits
· Proficient with Microsoft, especially Word, Excel and Powerpoint
· Competency and experience managing databases and using virtual platforms
· Cultural competence and proven ability to relate professionally with clients and their families
· Leadership and management experience; highly attentive to detail and organized
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Customer service experience
· Flexible, adaptable, team player, hardworking and results oriented
Part of the Solution (POTS) is a 'one-stop shop' helping low-income individuals and families move from crisis to stability and ultimately, self-sufficiency. POTS help more than 40,000 people annually. Current services include the…
Spanish - proficient
Spanish - proficient
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject “Case Management Supervisor”. The cover letter must include a description of the applicant's Spanish language capabilities and salary requirements.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Case Management Supervisor”. The cover letter must include a description of the…