525 South Hewitt Street
JMA is seeking a full-time Office Manager/Executive Assistant who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats to join its Administration team. This person will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director and ensuring efficient and timely operations of JMA’s regional offices. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant will be co-supervised by the Finance & HR Manager and Development Manager. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Manage JMA’s Los Angeles, New York and Chicago offices: developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures and inventory control to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
● Assist in the coordination of meeting/event logistics - staff travel, booking meeting rooms, preparing materials, refreshments, technical needs, etc.
● Support the administrative needs of the Executive Director including scheduling and managing calendar, preparing reimbursements, reconciling monthly credit card statements, coordinating travel, general filing, and assisting with special projects as needed.
● Assist with Board Development activities including managing communication and coordinating logistics for meetings.
● Strong commitment to economic justice and the labor movement.
● A minimum of two years of comparable and relevant experience is required.
● Strong Microsoft Office, Adobe and G-Suite programs required.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
● Well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
● Strong sense of professionalism and responsibility, and good judgment in performing tasks and in handling confidential information.
● Meticulous attention to detail, ability to work independently and take initiative.
Terms of employment: $48,000-$50,000 per year DOE. Full family health & dental benefits (at no premium cost to employee), 401k, generous time off. Friendly, team-oriented working environment. Position based in Los Angeles.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process: E-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com in one single PDF file with by January 7, 2019. Please mention where you found the listing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Start Date: 1/15/2019 or 2/1/2019