330 West 42nd Street
The 1199SEIU Benefit & Pension Funds provide comprehensive health, pension, and quality of life benefits to unionized workers represented by 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East. We are among the largest labor-management funds in the nation, covering 400,000 members and their families.
If you’re ready for the brightest career future, join us in this excellent opportunity to showcase your talents. We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Operations Coordinator for our Legal department.
- Serve as administrator for the funds document management system (FileSite)
- Create new user accounts, conduct new user and refresher training, and set up security levels for document access, and provide user assistance as needed
- Inform users on the operational status of FileSite (system down, documents unsearchable, and if documents are locked)
- Review documents to ensure they are appropriate for Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and searchable
- Respond to inquiries regarding system and documents, and interact with Information Technology (IT) and FileSite vendor to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues
- Log and maintain historical and current legal documents and records
- Process requests for information and documents from Fund staff, Legal Department, employers, union officials and outside attorneys including Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), Financial and Actuarial reports, Form 5500 reports, minutes, resolutions, and investment information
- Scan and bookmark materials for fund and trustee committee meetings
- Provide administrative support to the appeals process; coordinate meetings, prepare and maintain minutes log, minutes, appeals take-aways, and presentation materials, etc.
- Assist with legal contracts and agreements. File and label contract files; assist with scanning and maintaining final executed contracts to appropriate database
- Review and prepare for certification approved minutes with exhibits from all funds and trustee committee meetings
- Maintain accurate files and records, including confidential material
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Must meet performance standards including attendance and punctuality
- Associate Degree or equivalent years of experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in a legal environment; paralegal experience preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years experience archiving and retrieving electronic records or other relevant experience required
- Must have experience working with contracts
- Working knowledge of file sharing/collaboration software systems ie: FileSite, IManage/WorkShare and PDF editing/conversion software, such as Adobe Acrobat Professional (Cloud or Desktop versions), Nitro Pro, and equivalent required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Understanding of Benefit/Pension Plan and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) rules and regulations
- Good business writing and effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be organized, detail oriented, analytical, with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Problem solver with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
medical, dental, no copay, prescription, vision, 401k, tuition reimbursement, child care
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent fully employer-paid comprehensive benefits package and talented professional colleagues. For consideration and to apply, please visit us at http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NBF1199&cws=1&rid=7276. Please mention you saw this ad in Idealist. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.