Project Coordinator — Policy and Partnerships
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code or circumstance. We refuse to settle for a world where a child’s potential is dictated by the conditions into which they are born. We work to break down barriers, change systems and improve outcomes for as many families as possible.
The StriveTogether team is passionate, talented and dedicated to achieving our mission. We seek and value all kinds of diversity and work hard to eliminate inequities in ourselves, our organization and our communities. Our goals are bold, so we support each other to try new things, have tough conversations and push for change. As we work, we share learning and progress, use data to make decisions and celebrate our wins.
About the role
As Project Coordinator, you’ll play a strategic partner to the policy and partnerships team. Reporting to the Director of Policy and Partnerships, you’ll execute project tactics, conduct research to inform strategies and plan responsibilities to support alignment with national partners and state coalitions. You have excellent collaboration and project management skills and a sharp eye for detail. You’re also innovative, self-motivated and committed to StriveTogether’s mission.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work with the country’s only national network of cradle-to-career partnerships and directly contribute to the result of helping every child succeed.
· Work with the policy team to support national partner tables and statewide coalitions focused on improved public policies impacting children and families
· Support the administration of policy events, including coordination of design meetings, participant communications, providing logistical support, and documenting the meeting Support the management and execution of virtual offerings such as webinars, role alikes and the production of online policy coaching offerings, including designing and implementing the project schedule and work plan
· Support the co-development of policy-related communications (reports, case studies, blogs, etc.), including working with data managers, external partners, network partnership leaders, and marketing and communication team members
· Collaborate with the Learning & Activation team to curate and codify resources, tools and stories to support network growth in policy, advocacy and mobilization
· Work with Network Advancement and Learning & Activation teams to gather feedback following events
· Make recommendations for procedures, policies and practices to create processes
Data tracking and administration
· Monitor/track state and federal legislation impacting the Network using Salesforce and other designated tools
· Track partnership participant data and network member progress toward policy change and system transformation benchmarks in the StriveTogether Theory of ActionTM
· Support the administration and stewardship of outgoing policy and coalition building grants by working cross-collaboratively with the finance and administration team, and externally with grantees to understand milestone progress and additional support needed to achieve grant deliverables.
· Gather feedback on events (through participant surveys, small group conversations and interviews) to identify opportunities to improve offerings
· Some college or 2-4 years of work experience
· Advanced organizational skills
· Ability to plan and execute a project
· Experience in professional communication
· Experience tracking, analyzing and making meaning of data
· Experience in advocacy, program development and/or management preferred
· Desire to support StriveTogether to become an anti-racist organization so that we can support every child’s success, cradle to career
· Strong interest in working in an inclusive environment with diverse coworkers and community members, where different viewpoints are valued
· Ability to travel up to 30%
· Process improvement experience preferred
· Experience gathering qualitative data preferred
Details of the position: The salary range for this position is $16.50-$20.50 per hour. StriveTogether offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. This position is for a full-time long-term contracted employee. The contract will run 12 months. Due to COVID-19, staff are currently working remotely and may continue to do so for a period of time. This position will work out of StriveTogether’s Cincinnati or Chicago office or remote.
StriveTogether is an equal opportunity employer.
Project Coordinator — Policy and Partnerships
StriveTogether is a national movement with a clear purpose: helping every child succeed in school and in life from cradle to career, regardless of race, ethnicity, zip code…