Details: The annual salary range is $50,000-$60,000 DOE.
Job Opening: Digital Organizer
Start Date: Immediately
Location: New York City, Washington, D.C., or Oakland, CA
Bend the Arc is a movement of tens of thousands of progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on social change in the U.S.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with affiliates and local groups organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a Digital Organizer to expand our online base and help volunteer leaders use our new digital communications tools to grow local groups and run impactful campaigns. The Digital Organizer will be responsible for strategizing and executing national and local digital campaigns — driven by volunteer leaders and Bend the Arc staff across the country — that further our two-year strategy for fighting and winning in the Trump era.
Reporting to the Digital Organizing Manager, the Digital Organizer will work collaboratively across Bend the Arc’s impact team (including Communications, Field, and DC staff) to construct campaigns that motivate progressive Jews to take action through persuasive calls to action, gripping storytelling, and first-rate tactics.
The ideal candidate is passionate about things like ladders of engagement and moving people from online to offline activism (and vice versa), and is equally comfortable producing a compelling petition page, email, or social media guide for partners.
In line with Bend the Arc's commitment to diversity, the ideal candidate is willing to work within the Jewish community, but may be of any faith or background.
● Strategize and execute high impact, creative digital tactics that help change the narrative, reach our growth goals, and build power.
● Manage our growing base using digital organizing tools, provide support and training for volunteers, guide local digital strategy for growth and rapid response actions.
● Identify opportunities to engage Bend the Arc’s supporters, monitor news and developments on our priority issue areas.
● Collaborate with Communications, Field, DC, and Development staff to coordinate campaign goals, develop campaign concepts, and produce content, including emails, action pages, and social media posts to engage and mobilize supporters to take action.
● Plan communications to multiple target audiences with distinct engagement goals, and help manage email lists and databases.
● Build emails and website pages with basic HTML; test and copy-edit emails to ensure quality.
● Use analytics to optimize online campaigns and content for bigger impact.
● Create resources for locals and affiliate organizations to amplify national campaigns as needed.
● Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities.
● Work with vendors, consultants and contractors as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● A minimum of three years' experience in online campaigning or related fields.
● Experience developing digital strategy and content for issue-based, advocacy, or political campaigns; familiarity with a range of online campaigning tools and tactics.
● Excellent writing skills with experience in creative, compelling prose that can move people to take action; with meticulous attention to consistency and detail.
● Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, Facebook and Twitter.
● Proficient using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience with NationBuilder.
● Knowledge of basic HTML to produce emails and web pages and ability to resize images.
● Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities to advance Bend the Arc’s mission.
● Commitment to social justice, to the values and goals of Bend the Arc, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and intentional workplace culture.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications (candidates demonstrating any of the following will be given preference):
● Experience with online fundraising practices and strategies.
● Project management experience and ability to organize and manage multiple priorities; ability to develop plans with clear goals, roles, timeline, metrics and budget estimates.
● Experience managing social media content for brands and advertising on social media platforms.
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position, with potential evening or weekend work schedules based on need. The annual salary range is $50,000-$60,000 DOE, and includes paid time off and health benefits.
Medical, dental, and vision benefits with generous employer contribution to monthly premiums; employer paid short and long term disability and life insurance; commuter benefits; dependent care FSA; 401K with employer contribution after 1 year of employment; generous paid time off, including 23 paid holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital Organizer” in the subject line of your message. Your cover letter should share why you want to work at Bend the Arc, as well as an example of an impact you’ve made online.
The deadline to apply is July 1 or until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No phone calls please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Bend the Arc encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.