475 Riverside Drive, Suite 540
The Interfaith Center of New York (ICNY) is a nonprofit organization, founded in 1997, that works to overcome prejudice, violence, and misunderstanding by activating the power of New York City’s grassroots religious and civic leaders and their communities. ICNY is currently seeking an Operations Manager, who will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our small office (five full-time staff), as well as our relationships with vendors, basic HR responsibilities, and other tasks. In addition to the specific qualifications detailed below, the successful candidate will be committed to ICNY’s mission, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be willing to pitch in as necessary in a flexible office environment. The Operations Manager will report to ICNY’s Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
• Manage office communications, vendor payments, petty cash, credit card reconciliation, office supply inventory, and payroll
• Oversee office machine maintenance, room reservations, meeting arrangements, building catering, and other professional services
• Assist program and development staff in preparing mailings, appeals, and periodic communications with board of directors
• Assist communications consultant in managing ICNY’s website, monthly e-Bulletin, and social media platforms
• Basic HR tasks, including on-boarding new interns and employees, benefits enrollment, and insurance renewals.
• Liaison with the bank, IT consultant, bookkeeping consultants, and corporate accountants
• Additional office or administrative tasks as necessary
Specific Qualifications should include:
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
· At least 2 years full-time experience in office management/administration
· Outstanding organizational skills, for both “big picture” planning and small details
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (esp. Word, Outlook, and Excel) is essential
· Familiarity with E-Tapestry or similar database solutions
· Familiarity with social media platforms (esp. FB and Twitter) and online systems (eg. EventBrite, iContact)
· Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense of humor -- comfortable working in a small office environment, and managing relationships with vendors
· Effective multi-tasker -- able to manage multiple priorities under deadlines
· Able to take direction from supervisor and senior colleagues, and take independent action/initiative when appropriate
Priority consideration will be given to applications received before June 15, 2018. Start date will be on/around July 2, 2018.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to ICNY’s Executive Director, Rev. Dr. Chloe Breyer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Operations Manager Search” in your email subject line.
Fully employer-paid medical and dental Insurance after 3 months.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required