Full Time Temporary
Washington State Democrats Coordinated Campaign
Job Description - Field Organizer
Position: Field Organizer
Location: Various Locations, WA
The Washington State Democrats’ strive to lead an innovative, data-driven voter mobilization program through the
implementation of a state-wide, direct voter contact effort. This effort will surpass traditional get-out-the-vote
programming with creative, community-specific organizing tactics, a comprehensive digital outreach regime, and a
thoughtful power building approach rooted in a philosophy of enduring strength through long-term grassroots
capacity development. The Coordinated Campaign will lead with the reelection of Maria Cantwell to Senate and focus
on congressional and legislative victories.
The Washington State Democrats are currently hiring for the position of Field Organizer. The Field Organizer is
expected to lead volunteers, build robust volunteer networks and serve as liaisons to the community within their
region. The organizer will be a part of our Rise and Organize organizing and leadership development program through
June, and upon successful completion of the Rise and Organize program, will fold into our Coordinated Campaign to
GOTV Democratic voters and support Democratic candidates for the primary and general elections.
This position will:
● Recruit, train and manage robust Neighborhood Teams of volunteers
● Execute a robust Get-Out-The-Vote effort, including but not limited to door-to-door canvassing and
● Grow our network of supporters and volunteers through various tactics, including 1:1 meetings, and
● Develop and maintain strong, trusting relationships with local party leaders, activist groups, and partner
Specifically, qualified candidates should have the following skills including, but not limited to:
● Prior community organizing experience (paid, volunteer or internship)
● Experience and familiarity with NGP/VAN platform is highly desired
● Comfortable working in a metrics and deadline driven environment
● Help create a professional staff culture that that is upbeat and empowering, with a mind towards greater
inclusion, a customer-service attitude, and willingness to solve problems creatively.
● Promote leadership within the campaign, with an eye towards building sustainable and permanent
● Strong personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
The person in this position will be expected to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends, and must have
access to a laptop and reliable car transportation for the duration of the campaign.
The Washington State Democratic Central Committee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability
Recruitment for this position will remain open until May 21, 2018. To apply please send your resume
to Mike@wa-democrats.org, along with a brief description of what interests you about the position. Consideration
will be given to all qualified applicants who submit their resume by the time recruitment closes. This position is
salaried at a competitive rate and runs through mid-November 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email Mike your resume and cover letter at Mike@wa-democrats.org