Program Director of Close to Home Social Services and Aftercare
- Job posted by Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
Details: commensurate with experience
Bronx and Queens
Sheltering Arms strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families across the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the greatest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact for our neighbors in need.
- Ensure that Sheltering Arms’ mission is promoted and implemented at all Adolescent Residential Care sites
- Oversee program quality and evaluation; enhance existing services; develop new treatment components to meet client needs
· Oversee the recruitment and selection of social services and aftercare staff.
· Clinically review all intake referrals for appropriateness of placement
· Review YLS assessments to ensure all services are provided.
- Provide effective ongoing weekly supervision, including ongoing professional development, to APD for Youth development, PBS coordinators, Case Planners for LSP, Intake Coordinator, Asst. Program Director for Aftercare, and Social work supervisor of NSP. Maintain documentation of supervision through the completion of supervisory logs.
· Review and Approve FASPS, court reports, transition summaries, and treatment plan tools
· Review electronic case record and input supervisory notes in Connections monthly
· Set high expectations and enforce strict deadlines to the Administrators to ensure excellence in all areas.
· Collaborate with agency departments to meet program goals and objectives including the HR, Training and QI Departments in the areas of performance management, interviewing, mandated training, professional development, and QI goals.
· Ensure compliance with ACS and OCFS requirements in the provision of social services within ARC; work with QI department to ensure that ARC meets all requirements that are measured in the ACS Juvenile Justice PAMS reviews.
· Represent the agency in meetings with ACS and OCFS, including monthly provider meetings.
· Oversee program expenditures, check requests and cash advances.
· Facilitate trainings and reviews of city, state and agency policies as they relate to programs.
· Attend quarterly community advisory board meetings
· Attend quarterly MST-Fit model fidelity and adherence review
· Attend weekly LSP treatment team meetings, red flag meetings, discharge meetings
· Attend Performance-Based Standards site visits and review meetings
· Support the principles of the ITM Model with the end goal of teaching the young people to make positive, lasting changes in their behavior by preparing them to be self-sufficient through education and work experience.
- Other related task that may be assigned
- MSW or equivalent degree, LMSW or LCSW preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the provision of youth development and activities programming.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in program development, implementation and management.
- Strong knowledge of city, state, & agency regulations around juvenile justice and child welfare.
- Significant experience as a supervisor in juvenile justice and /or child welfare.
- Strong knowledge of city and state education mandates
- Knowledge of Connections
- Strong writing skills and comfort with public speaking
Health care (medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, paid holidays, retirement savings plans and pension plan, tuition reimbursement, pretax commuter benefits, and more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at http://jobs.shelteringarmsny.org/apply/BPx8f42HYe/Program-Director-Of-Close-To-Home-Social-Services-And-Aftercare