MARY HELEN ROGERS SENIOR COMMUNITY
Job Summary: The Desk Clerk is responsible for maintaining safety and security of the building for all tenants. This position involves extensive interaction with staff, tenants, vendors, law enforcement, and visitors in compliance with Property Management Policy and House Rules.
Western Addition, San Francisco
Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
DOE; Comprehensive benefits
The Organization: A private non-profit founded in 1977, Chinatown Community Development Center believes in a comprehensive vision of community. We manage 28 affordable housing buildings serving over 2,800 low-income seniors, single adults, formerly homeless adults, and families of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds in San Francisco’s Chinatown, Tenderloin, Western Addition, and Polk Gulch neighborhoods. We also build housing, develop grassroots leadership, and engage low-income residents and youth. Our employees are passionate about the mission; thrive in a family organizational culture; and embody values of empowerment, teamwork, and compassion. Chinatown CDC serves a diverse population and is committed to hiring practices that provide culturally competent services. We encourage people of color to apply.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Screen all visitors who enter and leave building in compliance with Property Management’s Policies and Procedures as well as applicable House Rules
- Update the visitor log, daily log, and other front desk forms
- Screen incoming phone calls and route phone messages to staff
- Report House Rules violations to the Property Manager
- Report all building emergencies to the Resident Manager, Property Manager and/or Property Supervisor and respond accordingly.
- Respond to all building emergencies accordingly in the absence of Property Manager or Property Supervisors
- Assist tenants with requests e.g. open maintenance work orders
- Maintain orderliness of the front entrance, lobby, and adjoining rooms/areas
- Post and distribute tenant notices
- Log and document serious events on incident reports and submit to Property Manager.
- Perform nightly security check on building floor, lock up common areas and written down on the log sheet (for evening shift).
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Pleasant and professional manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function under stressful circumstances
- Willingness to do varied tasks
- Calm disposition
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Sensitivity to issues facing homeless, disabled, and elderly populations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with the Western Addition neighborhood
- Prior experience with security and/or reception work
- Familiarity with Western Addition neighborhood
- Familiarity with fire panels and life safety/emergency procedures
- Bilingual in English and Chinese and/or Spanish languages
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please click on the link below or visit our website www.chinatowncdc.org to complete an online application.