2110 Washington Boulevard
Working with the Executive Director, the Director of Development is responsible for all fundraising and marketing strategies across the organization, including the management of current grants and contracts, Edu-Futuro’s donor database, fundraising, special events, presentations, and internal and external communications. The Director of Development manages a small staff and works closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement a multi-year fundraising plan that includes government, foundation, corporate, and individual donor management and other efforts that support and advance the organization’s mission to empower low-income Latino and other immigrant youth through education, leadership development and engagement of their immigrant families to become the next generation of successful professionals who transform their community.
This position requires a hands-on candidate with a “doer” attitude and a growth mentality who has a robust network and expertise that will support the organization by identifying and securing new funding sources.
The Director of Development works in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment. S/he has strong organizational skills and is able to prioritize as well as multi-task. The Director of Development is proactive, organized, resourceful, detail-oriented, and professional. Fundraising is essential to Edu-Futuro’s overall success, and therefore it is critical that the Director of Development works with the Executive Director and staff to secure all necessary resources to support the organization’s programs and planned regional and programmatic expansion.
- Working with the Executive Director, develops and implements a comprehensive, multi-year development plan to generate new revenue from diverse sources including government, corporate, and foundation grants; individual and corporate donors; fundraising events; direct appeals; and special events.
- Oversees the development of marketing and fundraising materials, including event promotion and sponsorship solicitations, presentations, appeal letters, donor engagement material, annual reports, letters of inquiry, marketing and events collateral, and proposals, ensuring high-quality output.
- Cultivates new relationships that will generate recognition and revenue.
- Fulfills grant reporting requirements.
- Maintains donor database and communication with donors and the community.
- Supervises a small development team, ensuring high levels of professionalism, innovation, solicitation, stewardship, and accountability.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable legal and ethical standards and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, master’s degree preferred.
- Seven to ten years of progressively responsible marketing and development experience in the nonprofit sector, with experience developing and implementing multi-year, strategic development plans.
- Proven strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team, proactively organize, prioritize, manage time, problem-solve, and handle multiple tasks to meet competing deadlines with the highest level of expertise.
- Experience with community service programs and other volunteer programs.
- A commitment to the values, vision and mission of Edu-Futuro and ability to inspire others through Edu-Futuro’s clients and program achievements.
- Highly proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office™ Suite; donor relationship management and CRM software, including Little Green Light; email marketing; website management; and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Knowledge of, and sensitivity towards, the challenges and opportunities commonly faced by the immigrant youth and family populations which Edu-Futuro serves.
- Knowledge of educational issues impacting immigrant children, youth, and families.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send cover letter, resume, at least two writing samples, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Director of Development Application” in the subject line.
Applications submitted without the required information will not be considered.
Edu-Futuro is a drug-free workplace. Edu-Futuro shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers, selection of vendors, and provision of services.