Details: Competitive compensation and benefits package
This is an exciting opportunity for a hands-on, passionate leader to make an impact! Net Impact is an established nonprofit with an entrepreneurial culture and a tight-knit team dedicated to making a difference in the world. The Development and Corporate Partnerships Manager will be instrumental in enabling Net Impact to meet our ambitious development goals and scale our impact by playing a critical role in cultivating funders, researching fundraising leads, and supporting the day-to-day operations and processes of the team. In this role, the Manager will have a tremendous opportunity to create larger and more impactful cross-sector partnerships for Net Impact. In addition, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of how leading companies are approaching sustainability and corporate responsibility, directly interact and collaborate with leaders in this space, and contribute to how Net Impact critically engages those companies on their sustainability and social impact goals.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Development & Partnerships and working closely with the CEO and Chief Development & Client Programs Officer, the Manager will have the opportunity to strengthen Net Impact’s global presence. The Manager will also provide critical support by contributing to excellent research, organizational administration, project management, and effective communication to internal and external stakeholders. The Development team works closely together in a highly collaborative and supportive environment, and we are looking for a high-performing individual that will thrive in this type of setting.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Prospecting and relationship management:
· Build effective relationships with a subset of existing and new partners, interfacing with professionals to understand how Net Impact programs and services best align with their funding priorities
· Collect, report and synthesize critical information that comes out of discussions with partners and prospects; use data to help us evolve our partnership strategy
· Support Net Impact annual conference sponsorship processes, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Conduct research, analyze trends, and develop strategies to help formulate corporate partnership strategies and identify partners and relationships that will support the organization’s mission and goals
· Effectively represent Net Impact externally through phone meetings, emails, and written communications, as well as in-person convenings
· Analyze internal development trends and use data to suggest ways to continuously improve our funder retention and prospecting efforts
· Manage individual and Board giving process (includes appeal, thank you letters, and documentation of annual giving)
· Support Net Impact senior management (CEO and Chief Development & Client Programs Officer) in their funder prospecting and relationship development activities
· Develop exceptional communications materials, including proposals and presentations (mostly through Microsoft Word, InDesign, and PowerPoint), that effectively present Net Impact’s value proposition for a range of external stakeholders and can be used by the entire Development team
· Prepare materials for meetings with prospective funders, which may include background notes, PowerPoint documents, etc.
· Use Salesforce.com database effectively to manage workflow, share appropriate and detailed information, collaborate, and report on status and results
· Manage all finance-focused processes for the Development Team, such as invoicing and payments, through close collaboration with the Finance team
· Actively support team efforts to continually improve its operational procedures
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional work experience in business development, fundraising/development, or nonprofit experience. Experience cultivating relationships, along with writing proposals and reports, will be given strong preference
- High standards and specific attention to detail, especially in written communication
- Strong customer service orientation. Track record of consistently going above and beyond to deliver excellence and results
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills
- Experience managing or navigating a contacts database (Salesforce.com or other)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and cloud-based sharing required; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills; confident and articulate when speaking by phone or in person
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and approach problems creatively
- Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission
- Ability to be nimble and flexible with a positive and entrepreneurial attitude
About working at Net Impact
Our passionate team engages our community in events, projects, and initiatives designed to inspire and support them to make an impact now and in their future careers. We bring an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and optimistic outlook to work everyday.
Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
● We have a fantastic team and culture
● People at all levels must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for creative ideas people who are problem solvers and are able to dig into details and execute
● We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals; people do well here who are comfortable with a fast pace as well as ambiguity at times
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 25 years. Today, our community of over 100,000 individuals in 350 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email the following application materials to Kate Kokosinski at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received on a rolling basis; however, applicants are encouraged to apply before March 16th. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Development & Partnerships Manager) in the subject line of your email. Applications will not be considered without all of the following:
1) Thoughtful, one-page cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact, your qualifications, and your availability.