Details: Commensurate with experience
160 Federal Street
MHP’s Community Assistance team provides support to communities and nonprofits for the production of affordable family housing across the state and internally, support to the lending team for the 40B PEL process. This support includes; state-level policy work, trainings, workshops, publications, and direct and third-party technical assistance as well as research at the community level regarding zoning and key benchmarks. The Program Assistant provides administrative support for the team and key initiatives including program accounting and contracting, coordination of trainings, workshops and publications, and creation of presentations, electronic and hard-copy resources and zoning and community research.
· Workshops and Trainings – Lead organizing effort for workshops and trainings. Schedule, manage and support necessary meetings for content. Provide consistent and reliable administrative and logistical support for 8 – 10 workshops and regional meetings, including the annual Housing Institute. Support includes helping to define content, identifying and booking/managing site, brochure production, mail and e-mail distribution, registration, production of handouts, budget management.
· Schedule quarterly meetings with public and private partners regarding training needs and opportunities.
· Provide support for MHP’s 40B technical assistance program, including responding to program inquiries, reviewing grant applications for completeness, and contracts and billing management.
· Provide support for Project Eligibility application review, including contracts and billing management, review applications for completeness, attend necessary site visits, and provide administrative support.
· Report production to support community technical assistance, legislation and policy efforts – conduct internet, interview and other research for necessary data gathering for topic specific research for written and visual reports and presentations.
· Manage reporting, contracts, and budgeting requirements for all grant programs. Including outreach to grantees and consultants to ensure timely reports, initiating check requests and managing ongoing budget. Analyze and adjust, as needed, contract scope of services. Attend and participate in necessary meetings (‘kick-off’ meetings in particular).
· Create bi-annual reports of all Community Assistance programs. Includes gathering of information to convey the progress of any grantees and presenting a full accounting of all programs. Reports are due September 1st for the full previous fiscal year report and February 1 for the first 6 months of the current fiscal year.
· Serve as the initial contact person for general inquiries ensuring the mission of MHP is effectively communicated in all interactions.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent excel, power point and database skills
· Valid driver’s license
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple priorities
· Demonstrated commitment to affordable housing
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Real estate and/or land use planning experience preferred
· Experience with ArcMap, Adobe Creative Suite, R programing or similar statistical computing software, and/or coding language a plus
MHP provides a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, dental, and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a public transportation benefit, educational assistance, paid time off and family leave, and a fully vested employer-matched retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply send a cover letter describing your interest in the position and your relevant experience along with your resume (no calls, please) to email@example.com