Jewish Student Life Coordinator-Towson Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Towson University Hillel seeks a Jewish student life coordinator– a passionate educator, networker and connector with a deep understanding and dynamic love for Judaism.
Who you are:
· A relationship builder – capable of building rapport and developing meaningful relationships with a wide variety of students.
· Passionate – You have a deep passion for building pluralistic Jewish communities, and for creating a welcoming, vibrant, and deeply enriching Jewish environment on campus.
· An Educator – Comfort with the theory and practice of informal and experiential education, comfort with leading study sessions as well as services.
· A self -starter – highly motivated, driven to succeed, reflective and open.
· Team-oriented – a strong work ethic, a sense of humor, an ability to take risks and learn from situations when things don't turn out the way you thought they would.
· You have a Bachelor's degree (MA preferred) with 2-3 years of professional work experience.
As the Jewish Student Life Coordinator, a typical day may include:
· Coffee meetings with a few students you met during move-in week
· Meeting with a fraternity president to discuss co-sponsoring an upcoming event on campus
· Strategizing with students to create meaningful Shabbat experiences at Hillel
· Working with colleagues to finalize curriculum for the THIC (Towson Hillel Incubator Cohort)
· Recruiting students for an upcoming Birthright trip (in partnership with the Israel Fellow) through tabling and coffee dates
· Tracking, data collection and input of student engagements using our Schwipe application
What you'll own and how you'll grow:
· Build relationships with at least 100 uninvolved Jewish students over the course of a year.
· Learn with and from our students as they explore different topics.
· Oversee aspects of Hillel's engagement efforts, including the THIC cohort (Towson Hillel Incubator Cohort) interfaith coalition, etc. by serving as an educator and providing mentorship and training regarding peer-to-peer relationship building.
· Consult with student leaders to infuse all Hillel programming with an element of external engagement.
· Encourage a pluralistic approach to religious expression through Shabbat and holiday observances on campus, including the High Holidays, Passover, and other important Jewish events.
· Work on designing the Shabbat experience on campus together with our full team including the rabbinic intern.
· Coach and supervise student interns and leaders.
· Empower newly engaged students to create and implement meaningful Jewish experiences and initiatives with and for their peers through an internship or other leadership models/opportunities.
· Recruit for and staff immersion experiences, such as Birthright Israel, Israel Discovered and Alternative Breaks, and implement a pre- and post-trip engagement plan.
· Develop key relationships with professionals from the university's student life programs, facilitating partnerships in the planning and actualization of programs and activities.
· Participate in weekly professional supervision and staff meetings.
· Receive additional professional development opportunities.
What you'll get out of it:
· Hillel offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B) , life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Health and transportation Flexible Spending Plans, generous vacation/sick time, and family leave
· The salary range for this position is $40,000 to $45,000
· Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
· Possible domestic and/or international travel
· Paid coffee dates with students
· This position will report to the Assistant Director
What we're about:
Towson Hillel is located in the heart of the Towson University's campus in Towson, MD. This beautiful 329-acre suburban campus is located eight miles north of Baltimore and less than an hour's drive from Washington, D.C.
At the Towson University Hillel, our goal is to provide a vibrant Jewish Community and an infrastructure that shapes the next generation of Jewish leaders. Through a variety of campus and community based programs, Hillel engages students in ways they feel most comfortable expressing their Judaism, while embarking on their college journey at Towson University.
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Towson University Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
DO NOT APPLY ON THIS WEBSITE. Contact Lisa Bodziner and please include cover letter as well as resume
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: DO NOT APPLY ON THIS WEBSITE. Contact Lisa Bodziner and please include cover letter as well as resume email@example.com 912-659-3746