The Executive Assistant to the President will serve the Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) by assisting the president, managing operations for a small office, coordinating research projects, and working collaboratively with the vice presidents of Mission Integration, Communications and Government Relations. This position requires solid judgment, excellent writing, editing and research skills, and strong attention to detail. The Assistant must bring or be willing to gain knowledge of higher education and the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits). The Assistant needs to be flexible, balancing numerous projects at a time, while managing regular assistance to the president and other members of the office.
- Assist the president as directed, including managing the president’s calendar, travel schedule, reservations and communications, as needed.
- Manage AJCU Board activity, which includes handling correspondence via e-mail or BoardEffect (online portal for meetings); attending Board, Executive Committee and Finance Committee meetings and writing minutes; scheduling regular meetings; planning and facilitating Board Meetings by contracting with hotel vendors and coordinating with event staff; assembling all Board Meeting materials and editing content.
- Perform regular administrative functions including, but not limited to, office reception, purchasing, payment and intake processing, and coordination of staff meetings.
- Provide administrative support for budgeting, dues assessment, and outsourced accounting needs.
- Assist with maintaining AJCU operations, e.g., contract management, monitoring of leases for telecommunications, equipment rental, etc.
- Serve as liaison to the National Center for Higher Education (office building for AJCU).
- Coordinate interns, when available, who can assist with these and other duties.
In addition, the Executive Assistant to the President of AJCU works with the AJCU Vice Presidents to support their projects and programs as available. These include:
- Support AJCU’s Government Relations efforts by sending letters to Congress, editing correspondence, and conducting research.
- Collect and compile data on AJCU institutional metrics using education databases; format for annual reports and institutional use.
- Conduct various surveys of member institutions for scheduling or data collection.
- Collaborate with AJCU staff to design and produce the AJCU Annual Report.
- Collect information for the annual update of the organization’s online directory.
- Assist in projects for Communications and Mission Integration.
List of Software Regularly Used by the Executive Assistant:
- Microsoft Office Products, BoardEffect, Brilliant Directories Software, U.S. Department of Education’s IPEDS database, Zoom Web Conferencing, Canva, SquareSpace, WuFoo, Congress Plus, SurveyMonkey
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong competence in business writing and editing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly in Excel)
- Self-motivated, with ability to work individually and in teams
- Strong organizational skills; maintains high attention to detail
- Familiarity with Jesuit mission and higher education
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not required
- Design skills are also a plus, but not required
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter by e-mail to Deanna Howes Spiro, AJCU’s Vice President of Communications, by Friday, April 30: email@example.com. Interviews will begin the week of May 3rd. The desired start date for this role is by June 30, 2021.
AJCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.