MHP Salud, a national non-profit agency that implements Community Health Worker (CHW) programs, as well as provides training and technical assistance services to other agencies who wish to start-up or strengthen their own CHW programs, is currently seeking a Training and Curriculum Manager.
This middle management position coordinates and manages key activities in organizational plans that span various divisions and units. The position interfaces and communicates with a wide variety of staff and external partners to ensure organizational initiatives are parsed out to the appropriate parties and reported to Senior Management to complete items within the organizational plan. As such, an understanding of the Community Health Worker Model, Community Health Worker Programs and Community Health Worker organizations is paramount for success. While a full job description is posted on the MHP Salud website, in short, 40% of position is training, training management, and training coordination; 40% is curriculum management and curriculum coordination; and 20% are other tasks.
The successful applicant will have earned a bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years of work experience related to job responsibilities and experience with, in, or as a Community Health Worker or CHW manager. Fluency (spoken and written) in Spanish is a must.
MHP Salud believes in the importance of accessible and affordable benefits that allow you and your family to be healthy and plan for your future. As you join us in our work as a full-time regular employee (in 2017, less than 5% of our employees were part time or temporary), the following benefits begin on your first day of employment:
- For health care, we pay 100% of employee premiums, 75% of the premium for employee +1 plans, and 85% of the premiums for family plans. We pay 100% of the employees dental and vision plans, with the option to add coverage for dependents.
- We provide employer-paid life insurance and offer you the ability to add more for yourself and your spouse and children, and we carry excellent employer-paid long-term disability insurance for our employees.
- You are immediately vested in our 403 (B) retirement plan with an employer contribution of 6.5% of your salary with an additional 2% if matched by you.
- In addition to 13 paid holidays, employees receive 12 paid Health and Wellness days per year, and receive 152 hours of leave in their first year (increasing in their 4th and 8th year).
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Other languages a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To review the full job description and details, please visit MHP Salud’s website at mhpsalud.org.
Applications can be completed online at mhpsalud.org and should include the following components:
1. Completed MHP Salud Job Application from website:
2. Current resume
Names and contact information for three work references will be required for candidates invited to final in person interviews, and official transcripts will be required before hire.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS or automated resume only applications will not be considered.